2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

Ben Fennell -   Kyle Hamilton plays faster than his 40 time

Trey McBride plays slower than his 40 time

You have a great assessment of their speed - if you, ya know - just watch them play football!

These times/tests don't all of a sudden outweigh everything they've done on the field.

34 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Anybody watched Lewis Cine?  Safety is a sneaky need for us and he might be in play at 28.  I kind of like him more than Hamilton.

Don't overthink the 40 times, Hamilton clocked in the 21 MPH range with GPS data on the field, he's fast and rangy. Way too many teams passed on Derwin James for agility concerns. Hamilton is legit. 

I don't think Cine is in an area on GB's board where he'll realistically be taken by us. If we take a S at 28, Daxton Hill is our type. 

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Don't overthink the 40 times, Hamilton clocked in the 21 MPH range with GPS data on the field, he's fast and rangy. Way too many teams passed on Derwin James for agility concerns. Hamilton is legit. 

I don't think Cine is in an area on GB's board where he'll realistically be taken by us. If we take a S at 28, Daxton Hill is our type. 

If Hamilton has a Derwin type fall to that 15-16 area, I wonder if GB would jump?

8 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Is 2022 the year GB hits on a 3rd rounder again? Or Maybe Rodgers/Deguara will break out some. It's been since like Finley maybe Burnett that they hit I think.

Yeah man it's been a bit of a dry spell for sure

What drives me more nuts is not that we don't hit on 3rd rounders, it's that we end up taking guys with UDFA grades on them in the third round. I know you gotta trust your scouting, but when you haven't hit on one in a decade it really makes you wonder

4 hours ago, PackFan13 said:

Gutekunst: “You never really replace a guy like Davante Adams. But getting the 2 picks and having four picks in the top 59 I think gives us a little bit of ammo to try and make a difference there a little bit.”

It would be funny if they actually spent the two Vegas picks on two WR, at least one pretty physical, and at least one with excellent deep-speed.  It would also be funny if Gute's talking up using draft ammo to make a difference in replacing Adams, and MLF about the need for some stretch-the-top speed, as a tricksy fake.  Gute doesn't even want the WR at 28, but somebody else trades up in front of him to take one, and to push the guy he really wants at a different position back to him?  Or maybe one of the name WR gets to him at 28..., but he pulls a Watt and trades back to draft a King CB?  

But yeah, his and MLF's comments are kind of straightforward in recognizing the obvious, that they need WR and have draft picks to get.  

Edited by craig
  • Like 1

IF we trade a first and second to move up and get a WR, I'll scream. I have a feeling this is going to be a trade down type of draft. The 20ish players that are really difference makers are going to be gone. Then the next tier or 20 or 30 guys who have talent but aren't quite ready will be sitting there. I'd like to score 4 of those guys with trade downs if possible. Those 30 guys will probably last the next 40 picks. 

• Like 1

I'm warming up to a DK Metcalf deal ... I'd part with a couple draft picks for him given his age and the fact that he has proven he can play the game at a high level.  He's a freak athlete for sure .. pretty much a can't miss.  Not sure which picks I'd give up .. maybe a 1&3, or the (2) #2's?  Draft picks are so speculative.  Sometimes you think you are getting a sure thing and they wind up as a super bust.  We'd probably only get Metcalf cheaply for one year, but if things worked out he'd definitely be worth inking long term.  

9 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm warming up to a DK Metcalf deal ... I'd part with a couple draft picks for him given his age and the fact that he has proven he can play the game at a high level.  He's a freak athlete for sure .. pretty much a can't miss.  Not sure which picks I'd give up .. maybe a 1&3, or the (2) #2's?  Draft picks are so speculative.  Sometimes you think you are getting a sure thing and they wind up as a super bust.  We'd probably only get Metcalf cheaply for one year, but if things worked out he'd definitely be worth inking long term.  

Then we should have just kept Davante.  Want no part of Metcalf if it means multiple picks and a big contract.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Then we should have just kept Davante.  Want no part of Metcalf if it means multiple picks and a big contract.

He's not going to get Davante money, and he's not going to cost more than the the 1st and 2nd we got for Davante.  He also would be cheap this year, and he's 5 years younger than Davante.  We more than likely would retain one, or perhaps both 1st round picks which could be spent on best available player instead of a huge pressing need. 

3 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

After doing an embarrassing amount of mocks I've reached a general conclusion that we should take a combo of WR/EDGE in first round followed up by the trenches in the second round.  I'm consistently satisfied with the results following that blueprint. 

When I vary the approach because of how the board fell I am usually disappointed with the end result.

More and more I get a feel that our WR is going to be Pickens or Burks.

I agree.

Yesterday I did my obligatory mock, I think on TDN.

Went London, Olave in the first.  Got an OT and good EDGE in the 2nd, though I can't recall just who they were.

It'll be interesting to see how the draft falls.  I did not want to take WR, WR with the first picks, but that was the best value there when I picked.  And really?  I came away from that thing feeling pretty darned special.  I patted myself on the back HARD when it was done.  :)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He's not going to get Davante money, and he's not going to cost more than the the 1st and 2nd we got for Davante.  He also would be cheap this year, and he's 5 years younger than Davante.  We more than likely would retain one, or perhaps both 1st round picks which could be spent on best available player instead of a huge pressing need. 

So, trade what you got for the best WR in football to acquire the 15 - 18th best WR in football. This is what losing organizations do. 

One of the things Gute said in his presser yesterday was you can't pay everyone. Translation, we're not paying a WR that kind of money. 

I pray we don't do something as stupid as give Seattle anywhere close to a first-round pick for Metcalf, or Lockett. Draft a guy in round 2 and get a guy after June 1st cuts. 

• Like 1