2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

47 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I will see your Simmons and raise you Aaron Donald.😉

Man I said the only way I’d be ok with us drafting Q after the draft was if he was Donald. And he’s not even 1/2 as good as Donald. Q is a likable kid… but he’s done nothing to deserve a big contract in a couple years to date. Maybe Lawson and another legit DE help him… who knows. But as of now. I’d let him walk after year 5.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Man I said the only way I’d be ok with us drafting Q after the draft was if he was Donald. And he’s not even 1/2 as good as Donald. Q is a likable kid… but he’s done nothing to deserve a big contract in a couple years to date. Maybe Lawson and another legit DE help him… who knows. But as of now. I’d let him walk after year 5.

Yeah.. Let the contract expire and see what happen.

11 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I feel the same way, he doesn't scare any offensive. No team plans their offensive because of Q, but they do because of Donald.

On 1/24/2022 at 6:24 AM, doumeyer said:

I feel the same way, he doesn't scare any offensive. No team plans their offensive because of Q, but they do because of Donald.

I think it's a little crazy if the barometer is best is the league to determine if it was a good or bad pick.

If he demands Donald money, sure let him walk, but he is a solid piece that can help fill a gap on this team.  He is at minimum a starting calibur NFL player. That's not something we should be pushing out the door.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, drew39k said:

I think it's a little crazy if the barometer is best is the league to determine if it was a good or bad pick.

If he demands Donald money, sure let him walk, but he is a solid piece that can help fill a gap on this team.  He is at minimum a starting calibur NFL player. That's not something we should be pushing out the door.

I think it’s more related to what you need from a guy picked top 3. We haven’t gotten a top 3 impact from him. He’s been good but not dominant and we need him to be dominant.

7 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I think it’s more related to what you need from a guy picked top 3. We haven’t gotten a top 3 impact from him. He’s been good but not dominant and we need him to be dominant.

We need a lot of things. Dumping a starting calibur player, creating yet another need seems counter-productive to me.

Where a player was selected is a sunk cost. Chasing expectations based on draft pick is a great way to throw away a ton of useful, talented players. The odds are simply far too low to expect that first round picks, regardless of how high, are going to become hall of fame worthy players.

• Like 1

I was reading twitter, someone said that Enunwa was basically our Deebo but got injured. Which isn't far off, Enunwa would have been a good player if not for injuries.  Enunwa responded, he made some comments about how he wasn't fan of Bates when he was here and how he wished he got to play for John Morton.  Makes me wonder, why did John Morton get fired and why hasn't he gotten another OC chance? His offense wasn't that bad, Josh McCown put up decent numbers and had some WRs do good.  Kearse had a career year. 

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

I was reading twitter, someone said that Enunwa was basically our Deebo but got injured. Which isn't far off, Enunwa would have been a good player if not for injuries.  Enunwa responded, he made some comments about how he wasn't fan of Bates when he was here and how he wished he got to play for John Morton.  Makes me wonder, why did John Morton get fired and why hasn't he gotten another OC chance? His offense wasn't that bad, Josh McCown put up decent numbers and had some WRs do good.  Kearse had a career year. 

Morton got fired because I think Rex Hogan or someone else under Macc liked Jeremy Bates more, I heard it from Connor Hughes.

Morton also got fired because his lack of commitment to the run game, I remember a quote from one of the players saying something along the lines of “we’re not the Saints”

Remember he was also hired after Fitz dreadful year and no one wanted the job.