Jump to content

A-Rod's New team (if traded), what can Packers get in trade?


Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, R T said:

Going to need to agree to disagree on this one. Just can't see any GM giving up a 1st round pick AND giving out a 125M contract for a WR, any WR. 

Davante Adams Contract Breakdowns, Salary Cap Figures, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac

I don't think we are disagreeing about anything. I never said I think that would happen. I just said I would "jump" on that offer.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

The Pats gave a second for Sanu. The 49ers gave a second for 8 games from Sanders. You can easily get a 1st for 1 year of Davante.

To quote Pat Kirwan, "A team trades for a contract, a player just happens to come along with the deal".

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, R T said:

All the revisionist historians come out of the woodwork when draft picks don't work out, but every team in the NFL would of taken Mandarich in the Packers position at that moment in time. 

Perhaps not if they had known the steroid abuse that made him the player he was in college, wasn't going to continue while in the NFL...He was also a head case who held out threatening to become a professional wrestler instead of playing in GB...

Tony Mandarich cites steroids, painkillers for his draft bust status (yahoo.com)

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Mandarich played in the league for a decent amount of time with the Colts.   He didn't live up to his billing but there were much bigger busts than him.  Take away the hype, he was an below average player.   A bust is Ryan Leaf, JaMarcus Russell.

Not sure I'd consider three years a decent amount of time...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Not sure I'd consider three years a decent amount of time...

He played 6 years, not including 0 games played in 1992.  

Green Bay 1989-92

Indy 1996-98

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

He played 6 years, not including 0 games played in 1992.  

Green Bay 1989-92

Indy 1996-98

"Mandarich played in the league for a decent amount of time with the Colts." was your quote to which I made the reply " Not sure I'd consider three years a decent amount of time"....Three years is the amount of time Mandarich played in Indy...Not sure what is tripping you up?....

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

"Mandarich played in the league for a decent amount of time with the Colts." was your quote to which I made the reply " Not sure I'd consider three years a decent amount of time"....Three years is the amount of time Mandarich played in Indy...Not sure what is tripping you up?....

Three years is a decent amount of time on the NFL. It's longer than the average career length.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Mandarich was already a shell of his "former self" after a long publicized holdout where he called Green Bay a village, and wanted over a million a year. His holdout was daily news long before the internet. Teammates knew right away something was not right. He stopped taking steroids after college because the NFL was "right there" when the test was taken. He wouldn't shower at Lambeau because he didn't want to take off his shirt due to his man boobs and acne on his arms and back from the steroid use. Tim Harris owned him in practice and I think it was Mike Golic who said he kept tripping over Mandarich when the Eagles played him. He was a running joke. His psyche took a huge hit when his image was destroyed. Painkillers, depression, the whole nine yards. He had to rebuild every single part of himself, his life after the Packers. All self inflicted

The Packers also screwed up by going on an epic 2 game winning streak to end the '88 season at 4-12 when 3-13 would have gotten the #1 overall pick. Ahhh, the glory days

FYI. Tim Harris was a beast no one talks about. That guy was way ahead of his time

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Injuries and all, we got three times as many years out of Bulaga....

Of all the things to argue about lol....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, cannondale said:

Mandarich was already a shell of his "former self" after a long publicized holdout where he called Green Bay a village, and wanted over a million a year. His holdout was daily news long before the internet. Teammates knew right away something was not right. He stopped taking steroids after college because the NFL was "right there" when the test was taken. He wouldn't shower at Lambeau because he didn't want to take off his shirt due to his man boobs and acne on his arms and back from the steroid use. Tim Harris owned him in practice and I think it was Mike Golic who said he kept tripping over Mandarich when the Eagles played him. He was a running joke. His psyche took a huge hit when his image was destroyed. Painkillers, depression, the whole nine yards. He had to rebuild every single part of himself, his life after the Packers. All self inflicted

The Packers also screwed up by going on an epic 2 game winning streak to end the '88 season at 4-12 when 3-13 would have gotten the #1 overall pick. Ahhh, the glory days

FYI. Tim Harris was a beast no one talks about. That guy was way ahead of his time

Troy Aikman was thankful we missed the first pick, and even said so after we lost it....He didn't want to play in GB....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just for fun....

GB sends DEN - Aaron Rodgers, Allen Lazard (Rodgers needs someone familiar), and a 2020 4th round pick

DEN send GB - Jerry Jeudy, Dre'Mont Jones, Drew Lock (throw in QB), 2022 1st & 2nd, 2023 1st & 2nd

ATL send GB - Julio Jones

GB send ATL - 2022 2nd round (Denver's original 2nd)

ATL sends DEN - 2022 5th

GB gets - Julio Jones, Jerry Jeudy, Dre'Mont Jones, Drew Lock, 2022 1st, 2023 1st & 2nd

DEN gets - Aaron Rodgers, Allen Lazard, 2022 4th & 5th.

ATL gets - 2022 2nd 

After Julio's comments Atlanta is losing all their leverage.

GB gets a haul because AR is AR, they have a ton of leverage on any team that really wants Rodgers, and I'm biased. 

GB WR room - Julio Jones, Davante Adams, Jerry Jeudy, MVS, Rodgers, EQ

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...