A-Rod's New team (if traded), what can Packers get in trade?

firstplace

hi,i know this topic is wandering at times but time for one last guess on topic. We trade rodgers,king and p.smith. for surtain, chubb and 1st rd in 22. plus 2nd and third in 23.(we also will get comp pick of a 3 for adams) we can extend tonyan and maybe ol patrick this year and alexander next. we still should be able to win division this year with rookie qb and improve next year. would like to acquire a dl space eater to make  young ilb better this year. sit back and draft ilb and wr's next year. who knows what tues.brings.....

Creative but I don't think any other players on the Packers end other than Rodgers will be included. It just gets too complicated.

I'd also pass on Chubb, mostly for cap reasons. Next year is his 5th year option and it's not exactly cheap. 

Jeudy to replace Adams going forward would be ideal, other than that just load up the draft picks. I'd definitely be willing to consider Surtain = a #1 and would be willing to send them King, but that's a bit of a pipe dream. Just imagining that trio of CB, makes me excited about the defense.

4 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Creative but I don't think any other players on the Packers end other than Rodgers will be included. It just gets too complicated.

I'd also pass on Chubb, mostly for cap reasons. Next year is his 5th year option and it's not exactly cheap. 

Jeudy to replace Adams going forward would be ideal, other than that just load up the draft picks. I'd definitely be willing to consider Surtain = a #1 and would be willing to send them King, but that's a bit of a pipe dream. Just imagining that trio of CB, makes me excited about the defense.

Agreed on the Chubb part.  I liked him a lot coming out of college, but he's about to get expensive.  If you had at least 2 years of him on his rookie contract (pre-5th year option), I'd probably be more inclined to take him.  But his value is probably only going to go down.  Don't think Surtain is available for trade, not to mention I think they have a large dead cap from trading him.

As for the draft picks, if Denver and Las Vegas are offering the same draft pick pool, I'd rather have the Raiders' picks.  The Broncos with Rodgers and the rest of their young core is probably a co-favorite in the AFC along with Kansas City.  I'm not sure LV is even the 2nd best team in the division with Rodgers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Agreed on the Chubb part.  I liked him a lot coming out of college, but he's about to get expensive.  If you had at least 2 years of him on his rookie contract (pre-5th year option), I'd probably be more inclined to take him.  But his value is probably only going to go down.  Don't think Surtain is available for trade, not to mention I think they have a large dead cap from trading him.

As for the draft picks, if Denver and Las Vegas are offering the same draft pick pool, I'd rather have the Raiders' picks.  The Broncos with Rodgers and the rest of their young core is probably a co-favorite in the AFC along with Kansas City.  I'm not sure LV is even the 2nd best team in the division with Rodgers.

3 hours ago, ya ya said:

hi,i know this topic is wandering at times but time for one last guess on topic. We trade rodgers,king and p.smith. for surtain, chubb and 1st rd in 22. plus 2nd and third in 23.(we also will get comp pick of a 3 for adams) we can extend tonyan and maybe ol patrick this year and alexander next. we still should be able to win division this year with rookie qb and improve next year. would like to acquire a dl space eater to make  young ilb better this year. sit back and draft ilb and wr's next year. who knows what tues.brings.....

Well I guess if you are going to make a trade proposal might as well make it different.

The cap hits on this would be truly devastating though. Ultimately you can't build a roster if you are using a massive chunk of the cap space to pay players to play for someone else. Guess it would be post June but that just mean you have two years with the cap overloaded with deadness

• A+ for originality
  • F for actual sensible trade consideration

21 hours ago, ya ya said:

our cap space with rodgers gone will be plenty for chubb 5th year.

The whole point of acquiring young players is that they're cheap.  And Chubb isn't going to be cheap.  I think you're looking at least something similar to what Trey Flowers got from the Lions (5 years, $90M).  That's not cheap.  If you're giving me the choice between Jerry Jeudy and Bradley Chubb, I'd probably lean towards Jeudy.

• Like 1

Matt Schneidman -   With an important date in the Aaron Rodgers saga coming tomorrow as it pertains to a potential trade, checked in to see if Brian Gutekunst’s stance on dealing the reigning NFL MVP has changed.

“Will not trade,” a source said.