A-Rod's New team (if traded), what can Packers get in trade?

firstplace

13 hours ago, cannondale said:

I guess I'm in the minority and would like to see a trade with the Raiders.

Rumor is the Packers want a QB in return and that tells me Gute doesn't dare take a chance on going 5-12 with Love. I guess I like Carr more than most, and he provides pretty damn good value at $20m per for 2 years and keeps the Packers competitive. It just makes the most sense to me in connecting the dots. Drew Lock is a paperweight at this point. After that, I'm guessing Gute favors picks over players to keep the cap hits and contracts spread out as efficiently as possible. I don't think getting Carr in the deal plays into the amount of draft picks in return

A nice footnote would be that Rodgers would have a much harder time taking that team deep into the playoffs - hence the draft picks would be better, and God forbid they gift the Broncos with more trophies. Rodgers and Gruden deserve each other and that could end badly - which is fine by me.

Raiders probably would prefer the Raiders' picks because they're likely going to be worse.  But the Broncos have hte better young pieces.

If the draft picks were in the same rounds and we could get Carr + young piece OR two young pieces from Denver, I think I'd go with the Raiders offer. I think the draft picks would be better and I think Carr just makes too much sense. He's a good player and could really do well with MLF (like Tannehill when he left Miami). Plus, he has a good contract. He's affordable, and we could cut him after 2021 (if Love is ready) without a dead cap hit.

This is the 'you love Aaron Rodgers so much, f-off with him trade.'

I prefer trading to the Raiders because they will do something crazy. I'll send them  Rodgers, MVS and St Brown in return for: 3 1st's + Ruggs + Bryan Edwards + Hunter Renfow + Moehrig + Mariota + Muse

I'm cutting Funchess and trading Adams to the Falcons for Julio and getting a third rounder. I don't want to be paying Adams $25m a season.

Our WR corp would be: Julio, Ruggs, Amari, Lazard, Renfow & Edwards
That would be a pretty sick WR room - most on contracts for the next few years and not costing a bomb either

Edited by Brit Pack

8 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Think it was the 85 draft, Packers make a move up to #7?  I was thoroughly convinced they we moving up for Jerry Rice.  You would have had Lofton, Rice and Dickey.  Nope, we took USC OT Ken Ruettgers, who was a pretty good player and Rice went on to play somewhere out West.  EVERY time I see Jerry Rice I think of that trade up and the Packers on the clock.

We drafted Tony Mandarich instead of Barry Sanders....Perhaps the biggest draft bust in the history of the game...Would later go on and play in Indy for Lindy Infante, the man who drafted him....

1 hour ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

We drafted Tony Mandarich instead of Barry Sanders....Perhaps the biggest draft bust in the history of the game...Would later go on and play in Indy for Lindy Infante, the man who drafted him....

We drafted him before arguably the greatest RB, CB, and LB in history. Ugh.

1 hour ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Mandarich played in the league for a decent amount of time with the Colts.   He didn't live up to his billing but there were much bigger busts than him.  Take away the hype, he was an below average player.   A bust is Ryan Leaf, JaMarcus Russell.

Edited by NFLGURU

3 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Mandarich played in the league for a decent amount of time with the Colts.   He didn't live up to his billing but there were much bigger busts than him.  Take away the hype, he was an average player.   A bust is Ryan Leaf, JaMarcus Russell.

All the revisionist historians come out of the woodwork when draft picks don't work out, but every team in the NFL would of taken Mandarich in the Packers position at that moment in time. 

2 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

54 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

We drafted him before arguably the greatest RB, CB, and LB in history. Ugh.

While having Barry would have been sweet, I don't know if they would have drafted him if you would have gotten Wolf, TT and by extensions of that Favre, Reggie, Rodgers etc. I will take the latter over Sanders by far.

27 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

While having Barry would have been sweet, I don't know if they would have drafted him if you would have gotten Wolf, TT and by extensions of that Favre, Reggie, Rodgers etc. I will take the latter over Sanders by far.

Good point. Never know how different things would look now

4 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

Is there much to be read into Adams not showing up for the OTA's? Just wondering if trading Rodgers puts us in a spot where it may just be better to trade Adams as well?

Not in my opinion.

2 hours ago, fistfullofbeer said:

Is there much to be read into Adams not showing up for the OTA's? Just wondering if trading Rodgers puts us in a spot where it may just be better to trade Adams as well?

Maybe...if Aaron goes it probably means that Adams may look elsewhere.  Plus trading Adams this year has a fairly large cap relief associated with it.  The question becomes can you get adequate compensation?  I would expect a 1st for Adams or a very good young player on the rise.

21 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

Maybe...if Aaron goes it probably means that Adams may look elsewhere.  Plus trading Adams this year has a fairly large cap relief associated with it.  The question becomes can you get adequate compensation?  I would expect a 1st for Adams or a very good young player on the rise.

I don't want to pay him top WR money next year anyway. I'd be more than happy to get a 1st for him if we trade Rodgers.

17 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I don't want to pay him top WR money next year anyway. I'd be more than happy to get a 1st for him if we trade Rodgers.

Who is giving up a 1st for a one year rental of a WR? No sane football mind is doing that.