A-Rod's New team (if traded), what can Packers get in trade?

firstplace

9 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Rodgers is not "hell bent" to get out of GB. He very likely wants to stay in GB but under his terms (some kind of untradeable contract or a NTC).

If this is simply untenable to GB, and Rodgers won't play under current terms, GB may be the party "hell bent" on getting Rodgers out.

If the Packers were hell bent to move Rodgers they would of did it before the draft. That was the best way to maximize his value. 

7 minutes ago, R T said:

If the Packers were hell bent to move Rodgers they would of did it before the draft. That was the best way to maximize his value. 

Exactly

Neither Rodgers, nor GB are currently (and prior to the draft) hell bent to "force" through a trade.

They are trying to get a new deal done. The problem is both GB and Rodgers very likely want very different things (not necessarily only predicated on $$$)

10 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Except Green Bay clearly wants Rodgers to be the starting QB in 2021.  LaFleur has already said so.  Gute has already said so.  I think the only one who hasn't publicly said so was Murphy (and I might be wrong on that).  The problem is Rodgers clearly wants to leave Green Bay on his terms.  And I think most would agree that's an admirable stance to take.  But the problem is Rodgers clearly views himself as bigger then the franchise.

https://www.packers.com/news/mt5-an-eventful-draft-day

On 5/17/2021 at 12:47 AM, CriminalMind said:

Bonus money likely means very little in this situation (as a hold up). Rodgers "gives" back remaining pro-rated bonus money to GB (above earned salary), then Rodgers proceeds to get "new" bonus money from his new team via his new contract. So it's basically a wash, but might actually be a net benefit in Rodgers favor. 

Is he going to give back all the bonus money though ...

If he did so that would change things and I'd be happy to trade him for a smaller package if he did that. Obviously still prefer he played for us.

On 5/17/2021 at 1:37 AM, CriminalMind said:

Rodgers is not "hell bent" to get out of GB. He very likely wants to stay in GB but under his terms (some kind of untradeable contract or a NTC).

If this is simply untenable to GB, and Rodgers won't play under current terms, GB may be the party "hell bent" on getting Rodgers out.

Yep.

Rodgers has said he wanted to play for Packers for life and into his 40s. Given the 'out' is next year and he is coming off a MVP season he probably sees this as his chance to force that.

Personally I would guarantee his contract and add a no trade clause and give up on Love. Rodgers is a hall of fame, multiple MVP.  Love may or may not make it in the NFL. You do what you have to do. Trade Rodgers and you may not contend for a long time. You can draft another QB in a couple of years.

He is pushing 38 so extending it beyond 3 years is unreasonable. Adding more money to it doesn't seem a good idea.

If that isn't good enough for him, let him retire if he wants.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

Personally I would guarantee his contract and add a no trade clause and give up on Love. Rodgers is a hall of fame, multiple MVP.  Love may or may not make it in the NFL. You do what you have to do. Trade Rodgers and you may not contend for a long time. You can draft another QB in a couple of years.

You do NOT have to do that. To dump a player because another doesn't want the competition, sends the absolute worst possible message to everyone, team, fans, other NFL teams, college players that have the NFL in their future, even the staff of that team.

Giving up on a player (even more so a first round player) without giving him a decent shot, is infamous. Suppose Kenny Clark said he wouldn't play unless T.J.Slaton was moved elsewhere, or D.Adams said the same about Amari Rodgers......................it's chaos. Competition between players is an integral part of the NFL............you are only there (on a team) until they find someone better, or almost as good and much cheaper.

The team > any individual.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

You do NOT have to do that. To dump a player because another doesn't want the competition, sends the absolute worst possible message to everyone, team, fans, other NFL teams, college players that have the NFL in their future, even the staff of that team.

Giving up on a player (even more so a first round player) without giving him a decent shot, is infamous. Suppose Kenny Clark said he wouldn't play unless T.J.Slaton was moved elsewhere, or D.Adams said the same about Amari Rodgers......................it's chaos. Competition between players is an integral part of the NFL............you are only there (on a team) until they find someone better, or almost as good and much cheaper.

The team > any individual.

Maybe give up on Love was the wrong choice of words.

I mean we commit to Rodgers, guarantee the contract and remove any planned succession plan within Love's contract. If Love can win the starting spot then fine. 

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

This whole relationship is a laugher.

To me, yes it is.

I couldn't get through the Divergent series, it was just really bad.  And she is guilty by association.  I have no idea if she's been in anything else, or done any other good work.

9 minutes ago, Norm said:

Oh we're all critics now huh....lol

LOL, yes.  I'd rather he be practicing his sword skills with Oliva Munn for another kindda poor movie.

If only they had made her costume correct, it would have "turned around" that movie.

• Like 1