2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

I think what I'm looking forward to most this draft (and drafts moving forward) is the fact that we'll actually have coaches who go BPA with their ability to flex their schemes so that our players can play to their strengths.  We won't be drafting for scheme anymore like we did with Guenther (even though he had no idea what he was doing).

I don't think we're going to see any more surprise picks like we did with Gruden and Mayock leading the way.

Jordan Davis in the 1st would be a nightmare for me.  I hate the idea of a NT that early, especially one that missed a lot of snaps and got tired very fast. Be a waste of a 1st round pick. Just get Danny Shelton or sombody else in FA on the cheap.

McDaniels offense is complicated for rookie WRs especially ones that will have to play outside.  Better to go FA again and maybe get one later to groom. 

I want to fix the Oline in FA too not the draft. Get an experienced guy next to Leatherwood if that's an OG or OT. Then have Good to battle it out with Simpson.

An LB that can play edge is something we'll need for Graham.  A new safety that can potentially play in the slot too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OnlyGlove said:

Jordan Davis in the 1st would be a nightmare for me.  I hate the idea of a NT that early, especially one that missed a lot of snaps and got tired very fast. Be a waste of a 1st round pick. Just get Danny Shelton or sombody else in FA on the cheap.

McDaniels offense is complicated for rookie WRs especially ones that will have to play outside.  Better to go FA again and maybe get one later to groom. 

I want to fix the Oline in FA too not the draft. Get an experienced guy next to Leatherwood if that's an OG or OT. Then have Good to battle it out with Simpson.

An LB that can play edge is something we'll need for Graham.  A new safety that can potentially play in the slot too.

I’ve advocated for Davis before in the past, but I think I’m cooling on him.  My thought process is if we want to go the big NT route, Travis Jones offers way better value later.  

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

I’ve advocated for Davis before in the past, but I think I’m cooling on him.  My thought process is if we want to go the big NT route, Travis Jones offers way better value later.  

I was a big Davis guy too last year when he would've been a 3rd round guy at best.  

I'm a big fan of Jones too, I think not only is it better value but he's a better player

I also made one mock with the simultator from PFF.
I assumed that we get an RT, WR and CB in free agency and resign 2 of the trio of Solomon Thomas, Darius Philon and Jonathan Hankins aswell.

R1: 22.
Kenyon Green
RG/RT - Texas A&M

R2: 54.
Jalen Tolbert
Wr - South Alabama

R3: 86.
Marcus Jones
CB - Houston

R4: 124.
JoJo Domann
LB - Nebraska

R5: 162.
Bryan Cook
S - Cincinnati

R5: 163.
Jalen Redmond
DI - Oklahoma

R7: 223.
Kennedy Brooks
RB - Oklahoma

You guys are all going to be horribly disappointed you are sleeping on Jordan Davis. Also shows the ignorance of stat sheet scouting. 

Davis is a powerful inside force who commands double teams. He changes the LOS pushing blockers backwards and destroys plays in the backfield. He is quick for his size, beats single blocks and commands double teams that open thing up for everyone around him. Not to mention he can split double teams effortlessly at times with his quickness and strength. He's an elite run defender.

He is underdeveloped as a pass rusher. But at 22 to get a guy who can develop in that area and be an elite run defender out of the gate is stealing. 

That said, I would take Wyatt over him along with several others, but I would not blink if he was taken at 22. Good value for a guy who can open up your defense. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You guys are all going to be horribly disappointed you are sleeping on Jordan Davis. Also shows the ignorance of stat sheet scouting. 

Davis is a powerful inside force who commands double teams. He changes the LOS pushing blockers backwards and destroys plays in the backfield. He is quick for his size, beats single blocks and commands double teams that open thing up for everyone around him. Not to mention he can split double teams effortlessly at times with his quickness and strength. He's an elite run defender.

He is underdeveloped as a pass rusher. But at 22 to get a guy who can develop in that area and be an elite run defender out of the gate is stealing. 

That said, I would take Wyatt over him along with several others, but I would not blink if he was taken at 22. Good value for a guy who can open up your defense. 

A DT pass rushing is different then a DE, if he collapse the pocket and doesn't give the QB anywhere to step up he won. I really like having 2 big DTs. It'll stop a lot of the RPOs and make it difficult to double the DEs

Edited by Bitty 2.0

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Could be our Dexter Lawrence, who developed some pass rush under Graham too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Skyy Moore - Western Michigan WR 

Get to know this name. He's going to run in the 4.3's. Smooth speed, great footwork. Good hands, can separate and gets a ton of YAC.

Going to rise up the boards after the combine.

Been telling people about him that’s my wr

• Like 1