Dallas Rookie Minicamp News and Notes

Texas_OutLaw7

I know everybody points out how good Amari is and what not...but with these constant injuries that pop up and cause him to miss time, I'd cut him. You already have Lamb, I know Gallup is due for a contract but we've seen how easy it is to find decent to good receivers recently in the mid-rounds...so I'd use those funds allocated to Cooper to shore up other areas on the team.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

He has trade value.

1 hour ago, D82 said:

I know everybody points out how good Amari is and what not...but with these constant injuries that pop up and cause him to miss time, I'd cut him. You already have Lamb, I know Gallup is due for a contract but we've seen how easy it is to find decent to good receivers recently in the mid-rounds...so I'd use those funds allocated to Cooper to shore up other areas on the team.

I like Amari. I said this in another thread. I'd be curious to see what it costs us to pay Gallup. If there is decent savings then I'd move Amari for a late 1st/2nd. Becoming easier and easier to plug and play receivers these days.

Edited by CAPJ

1 hour ago, D82 said:

I mean, maybe. But I doubt you’ll get what you think you will out of him.

Mid 20 year old, top 20 (maybe top 15) WR that his signing bonus would hit us and not them... I would be shocked if it was less than a second. Julio just got a 2nd and he is 6 years older + more expensive. Julio has the same injury concerns and at this point, you would have to imagine their production would be somewhat comparable. 

Edited by Matts4313

33 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Mid 20's top 20 (maybe top 15) WR that his signing bonus would hit us and not them... I would be shocked if it was less than a second. Julio just got a 2nd and he is 6 years older + more expensive. Julio has the same injury concerns and at this point, you would have to imagine their production would be somewhat comparable. 

It will be interesting to see what happens. Right now The three are so good together.   Personally I have my doubts about Coop especially in road games and he seems to take plays off more then the other two but he is the best WR of the three though Lamb is moving up quickly.  I would love for us to keep Gallup. Gallup may not make the spectacular plays that Lamp and Coop make but I feel he is better at the steady plays, running the crisp routes to get open. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Mid 20 year old, top 20 (maybe top 15) WR that his signing bonus would hit us and not them... I would be shocked if it was less than a second. Julio just got a 2nd and he is 6 years older + more expensive. Julio has the same injury concerns and at this point, you would have to imagine their production would be somewhat comparable. 

I think that's a little harsh. I'd say Top 15 for sure.

He should net a 2nd at minimum. Like you said 6 years younger than Julio and once we pay his bonus he would be on a great contract with a few outs.

1 hour ago, quiller said:

I would love for us to keep Gallup. Gallup may not make the spectacular plays that Lamp and Coop make but I feel he is better at the steady plays, running the crisp routes to get open. 

Wow. I have the exact opposite opinion. I think Gallup is our big play/deep threat and Cooper is the steady-eddie crisp route runner. That said, Coop and Lamb for sure have a bunch of 'Wow' plays.

Edited by Matts4313

13 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

FWIW Amari's signing bonus wasn't/isn't very large ($10M). We'd only take on $6M in dead cap by trading him next year, peanuts compared to the 3-year/$60M contract the team who trades for him inherits. It's not a horrible deal but it's certainly not a value.