Minnesota Vikings Defensive Line:

Ozzy

9 hours ago, swede700 said:

Steve Spagnuolo ran a 4-3 with the Giants in 2017, so I'm not sure where you got that he has never played in a 4-3.  

Well my mistake, but over his entire four year career at Alabama he was in a 3/4 and three out of four years at NY he was in a 3/4.  So he is not exactly well versed in the system and who knows how he will do especially with guys like Hunter possibly next to him.  My guess is if Richardson does well, Pierce does not Tomlinson is moved over to the more NT type position in the 4/3 defense similar to what Pat Williams and Jerry Ball did, Tomlinson is more of a pass rushing threat though than both of them.  

https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-vikings/justin-houston-nfl-rumors-danielle-hunter/?fbclid=IwAR3xamX3ao1ezJdqZx5xw3t92e27W3KeTmGMdd5iD4iCmwYJeTsk51AMGpM

Not sure this is true, but if the Vikings do another signing on the DL and get Justin Houston, that would be flat out insanely great and kind of nuts.  Still I do think there is a point where they have to depend and or rely on some of the younger guys, cannot just get them all and say oh you stink we need a vet in here.  Have to give some run to guys like Wonnum, Robinson, Jones, Lynch, Twyman etc.  

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

As a rotational pass rusher he may not be such a bad move.

Honestly though, he's on the decline. I'd be fine with it if we pass on Houston and give those reps to the youngin's.

(I'm 29 I can say youngins right?!?)

You're 29?!?!?  Geez, where does the time go.  I'm getting old.  (Sorry VD).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

As a rotational pass rusher he may not be such a bad move.

Honestly though, he's on the decline. I'd be fine with it if we pass on Houston and give those reps to the youngin's.

(I'm 29 I can say youngins right?!?)

🤔 ummm No! 29 is still young, Steve. 

Edited by marshpit23
Add 29
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

🤔 ummm No! 29 is still young, Steve. 

@vike daddy will have to remind us of what the levels are again, because I'm pretty sure I've been here so long, I'll be closing in on being an Ancient here soon after starting as a Family guy (or something like that).

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, swede700 said:

@vike daddy will have to remind us of what the levels are again, because I'm pretty sure I've been here so long, I'll be closing in on being an Ancient here soon after starting as a Family guy (or something like that).

By the end of this football season I’ll have been a member of this community longer than I wasn’t. And that just blows my mind. 

• Like 6

On 6/24/2021 at 8:02 PM, perrynoid said:

It seems like yesterday when VD was castigating Steve after just about every post he would make.

I've been on here for 12 years (however, I rarely post) and the only things that my bad memory would recall over the years was a hilarious member (el raymundo or something like that?) and Uncle Buck & Steelking's arguments  🤣

• Like 3

14 hours ago, french t0ast said:

I've been on here for 12 years (however, I rarely post) and the only things that my bad memory would recall over the years was a hilarious member (el raymundo or something like that?) and Uncle Buck & Steelking's arguments  🤣

El Raymundo was great! 

Wasn't he the one with the Angelina Jolie Cans Theorem?

• Like 2