2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

13 minutes ago, pscottdai said:

The funniest thing about all of this is that the crowd of you that have been clamoring for Baker to be gone are now complaining that he has asked to be gone. Your hate knows no bounds apparently lol. 

The internet and talk radio are not real life. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, pscottdai said:

The funniest thing about all of this is that the crowd of you that have been clamoring for Baker to be gone are now complaining that he has asked to be gone. Your hate knows no bounds apparently lol. 

Not me!

I’m 100% okay with him asking for a trade.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2022 at 12:46 AM, bruceb said:

Yes

He also threw 3 INTs in the game in which he set the record and we lost.

Yes.

Mayfield was not the reason that the Browns won that game.

PIT spotting us 7 with the opening snap and Ben's 4 INTs were the difference.

Once again....IMO focused on only the details that support YOUR argument vs a more complete look at the Truth....yep a Rookie had a 3 INT game (in a season he Broke the record, completed 64% of his passes and threw 27 TD's and 14ints) IF we only looked at QB's bad games, then I can make Josh Allen look like Woody Allen.....

And secondly.....Mayfield was not the reason the Browns won that game? I never said he was...it was Mayfield and the Defense......because all the credit given to the Defense....yeah Ben thew 4 ints AND 4TD's......and we won that game by 11 points....so it Mayfield threw 3 INT's vs 3 TD's, do we still win that game? NO we dont, but you would say....The Defense Played well enough to win, but Matfield cost us the game.....

I love the Haters....they are some Myopic on the bad, they miss the larger picture.

476907f88a508be7afc47caf37746ee5_w200.gi

• Like 2

On 3/16/2022 at 12:39 PM, brownie man said:

Stefanski was probably done with him when I was 

after that win vs the lions

You win a tough game and you don’t want to talk to the media, but you call yourself a leader. Gtfoh 

then you wanna complain about Mary Kay who’s way better at her job then you are are yours. 

I understand the older members in this forum have been just so desperate for anything at QB but with this roster they can literally win a Super Bowl. You’ve got to try and make moves to put some of the best players this franchise has even seen in Chubb Myles and Ward in a position to win the thing. The cry baby ain’t it. Locker room don’t want him Odell got more love than Baker did from his teammates that’s a fact. 

Some of us old F'ers remember '64. Had our hearts ripped out by horseteeth and The Drive and The Fumble. I personally would like to see at least a SB appearance if not a win in my lifetime. Put a trained chimp back there and I think they could win. For goodness sake Trent Dilfer won a SB. Let's find a game manager, F that Watson deal Baker seems to be an issue, deal him. Bring in somebody that doesn't have to win the game himself, can get along with everybody else and let the talent win the game.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ordawg said:

Some of us old F'ers remember '64. Had our hearts ripped out by horseteeth and The Drive and The Fumble. I personally would like to see at least a SB appearance if not a win in my lifetime. Put a trained chimp back there and I think they could win. For goodness sake Trent Dilfer won a SB. Let's find a game manager, F that Watson deal Baker seems to be an issue, deal him. Bring in somebody that doesn't have to win the game himself, can get along with everybody else and let the talent win the game.

Well we dropped back to pass over 30 times in every loss no matter if it was Mayfield, Mullens or Keenum. You have to be able to rely on a QB if you insist on relying on a QB. So we're going to pass to win when things get suspect. So you better have a pretty damn smart chimp.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Once again....IMO focused on only the details that support YOUR argument vs a more complete look at the Truth....yep a Rookie had a 3 INT game (in a season he Broke the record, completed 64% of his passes and threw 27 TD's and 14ints) IF we only looked at QB's bad games, then I can make Josh Allen look like Woody Allen.....

And secondly.....Mayfield was not the reason the Browns won that game? I never said he was...it was Mayfield and the Defense......because all the credit given to the Defense....yeah Ben thew 4 ints AND 4TD's......and we won that game by 11 points....so it Mayfield threw 3 INT's vs 3 TD's, do we still win that game? NO we dont, but you would say....The Defense Played well enough to win, but Matfield cost us the game.....

I love the Haters....they are some Myopic on the bad, they miss the larger picture.

Wish I had some of whatever you are smoking, imbibing or injecting.

The largest picture is that he does not/cannot perform in the clutch.

44 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Wish I had some of whatever you are smoking, imbibing or injecting.

The largest picture is that he does not/cannot perform in the clutch.

Someone jump on the floor the phonograph is skipping.

I don't know if your post was intended to be serious or an example of the post you were replying to.

7 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Someone jump on the floor the phonograph is skipping.

I don't know if your post was intended to be serious or an example of the post you were replying to.

It's a deal-buster trait.

If you cannot see/do not understand that, so be it.

2 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

The Cleveland Browns in 2021 had:

The 30th most FG's made

The 37th most accurate kicker

Missed PAT in a 2 point loss to GB (1)

MIssed FG in a 2 point loss to LV (2)

Missed FG in a 6 point loss to BAL (3)

Chubb Fumble at KC (4)

Landry fumbles vs Bal & Pit (5&6)

I think we all agree that Baker didn't have a good year last season, nobody is arguing that. There happened to be 6 impactful, costly mistakes by players (not terrible coaching decisions, which there were many of as well), not named Baker mayfield that directly impacted the outcome of close games. People seem to either ignore or just forget that because it's easier to blame everything on the QB. 

We had a FG kicker that we clearly didn't trust throughout the year, hence the low rank for attempt totals. Led to us going for 29 4th down attempts and only converting 12 of those. 

Against the Packers our wonderful kicking group missed the PAT on our first score, and then the coach decided to go for 2 in the second quarter and failed. When we score the TD with just over 4 mins left in the game, we would have had a chance to tie the game by going for two and converting it there. Yes, the game ended on an interception, and yes, it was clearly a defensive holding call on Douglas that didn't get called, we can all agree to this, correct?

Against the Raiders, Chase misses a FG at the end of the half. We battle back to take the lead by 1, but LV ends up driving to kick the game winning FG in the 4th. Chase makes the FG that good kickers make, and Oakland is forced to try and get the TD to win. 

Against Baltimore we drive down the field on the opening series to have another missed FG by our kicker. Baker hits Bryant for a huge play inside Baltimore's territory, and the very next play Stefanski calls the trick play for Jarvis that he ends up fumbling and turning the ball over. 

Against KC we are in the lead, KC cuts it down to a 1 score game. We are driving and Chubb has his one lost fumble of the entire season. They gain the momentum, and end up with the 4 point victory. 

Against Pit 4th quarter we are driving down the field, convert 3 critical first downs. Baker then hits Landry for what was to be another first down conversion, only for Landry to fumble the ball at Pittsburgh's 21 yard line. We lose by 5. We take the final drive to Pit's 26 yard line, where we either could have been playing for a tie or a win on a FG had the earlier turnover not happened. 

We lost 9 games in 2021. In 5 of the 9 losses, critical plays made by players not named Baker Mayfield impacted our opportunities to win, yet we don't talk about those. We pretend those didn't happen and that every loss was because of Baker. We lost a 6th game when Baker put up 42 points and had zero turnovers. 

Was Baker good last year? Again, no. But neither was our kicking game, neither was our coaching decisions, neither was our receiving group (12th most dropped passes with the 28th most pass attempts in the league). If we win all of those 5 games, hell, if we just ended up winning 2 of them, we finish 10-7 rather than 8-9 and we are in the playoffs for a second straight season. If we upgrade the kicker position, and the receiver position, and our coach gets better at some of his in game decisions, this team is a competitor with Baker Mayfield healthy and under center.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, pscottdai said:

It's the fact that he thinks he's too good for the current setup when I'd argue he's a big contributor to the underachieving.

It's like getting broken up with by a girl who was cheating on you. The end result is fine, because it's the call we were going to make, but why did it have to end on your terms when you're the one who messed up?