2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

7 minutes ago, Empire Lies said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47rz9aad0i69nilzy6nu

In reality though, Baker has all the cards whether AB and co are smart or not.

The Browns have no viable alternative to upgrade on Baker for years. The history of this organization is what it is lending even more leverage to Baker's position.

In this player empowerment era, player demands while still under contract can still spur decisions that organizations don't want to make.

And Baker's agent owes it to Baker to at least try to call the Browns bluff imo.

They own his rights for 2 more years with no difficulty whatsoever. That’s a lot of time in NFL terms.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It's funny, because the movie as a whole is "fine", but that scene every single time it's on absolutely slays me. 10/10 from the late great PSH.

Dude, no, I'm in a situation here, we gotta go...I just sharted.

LOL

Alec Baldwin with the gentle face smack and such at the urinal?  I was dying 😂 

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Alec Baldwin with the gentle face smack and such at the urinal?  I was dying 😂 

For me, when PSH finishes his monologue rant, and right after the guy asks him (after the whole movie plays up his insecurity about his child fame), right where he's caught off guard, pauses, and smirks, I laugh every single time.

• Like 1

Baker will be 28 years old and 6 years into his career before we realistically need to extend him or cut bait. That corresponds to the window with Landry, Ward, OBJ, Conklin, Bitonio, Tretter, Greedy, and Kareem Hunt. We'll know by then one way or the other.

There are numerous reasons for Baker to go on I.R. 

1.) Long-term nerve damage should the shoulder keep popping out due to forceful hits or falls. His play style and the nfl game in general makes that almost unavoidable with 10 games left to play.

2.) The OBR's Jake Burns made a good point in that you don't want Baker to form bad habits in biomechanics or decision making due to injury.

3.) Postponing surgery and healing to the offseason gives little margin for error in his recovery and could rob him of vital offseason time with teammates and body preparation for what will be a huge contract deciding year.

4.) Baker's likely not going to go out and earn Josh Allen type money playing with injury the rest of the season and playing poorly can be used against him contractually as there's uncertainty regarding what extent the injury causes missed plays and reads.

5.) There are no viable alternatives to Baker likely in the next 2 years so the Browns have to do everything to protect the near and future health of the QB

6.) It's in the Browns best interest to protect Baker from himself not only in the best interest of Baker's career but to protect Baker's QB service value in the event that the Browns are thinking about moving in another direction.

-------- 

Hopefully they shut Baker down for the season for all parties' sake.

If not, he'll come back have some serious struggles and high highs in what will be a high variance play style for the rest of the season. It will be hard for the Browns to make the playoffs and make a longterm push.

----------------

Welp. Internet times have been fun. Until draft day or the start of next season ... 

Mental Character will once again make thine presence known upon King Darnold's return ...

The Great-Amnesia-ing is nigh .. the prophecy foretold 

-- Empire Lies --

200.gif

Edited by Empire Lies

TBH, Baker should just get surgery now and be at 100% headed into the off-season and 2021. I love his willingness to play, we are clearly better with him, and it sucks, but I think that's what he and the team should do.

We are talking about a completely torn labrum, broken humerus bone, potential long term rotator cuff damage, and the likelihood of that shoulder popping out AGAIN until it gets fixed.

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

TBH, Baker should just get surgery now and be at 100% headed into the off-season and 2021. I love his willingness to play, we are clearly better with him, and it sucks, but I think that's what he and the team should do.

We are talking about a completely torn labrum, broken humerus bone, potential long term rotator cuff damage, and the likelihood of that shoulder popping out AGAIN until it gets fixed.

I mean, I don't think it needs to be full season for a labrum repair, does it? That is a 6-8 week thing if I recall correctly. 

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The fan in me wants him to play because he’s our best QB and I’m selfish.

The rational part of me realizes he should just shut it down.

It sucks because it kinda craps on the season we’ve all been waiting on for 25 years to some degee, but it is what it is.

We have so many playmakers on offense and a good line, Keenum will frustrate us with his inability to throw deep but can keep the ball moving.  Our defense has to stop giving up 35 points every other game.

9 minutes ago, FGK said:

I mean, I don't think it needs to be full season for a labrum repair, does it? That is a 6-8 week thing if I recall correctly. 

4 weeks in a tight sling, 2 more weeks in a loose sling, followed by a few months of rehab to get it to 100%...unless it's changed as of late.

Yeah I can’t see him playing if he has surgery now tbh.

Also, I can’t see us staying in the playoff race without him. If he had surgery, the slim chance he comes back, I would not forsee us in the playoff race, and there really wouldn’t be any reason to play him at that point. For either side. 

3 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

We have so many playmakers on offense and a good line, Keenum will frustrate us with his inability to throw deep but can keep the ball moving.  Our defense has to stop giving up 35 points every other game.

Yeah our QB was never going to be the downfall of this team...has always been the defensie