2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Cooper Rush threw for 325.

We need better WRs.

Yeah it’s time to start throwing to guys who actually make plays and start phasing some of these guys out.

Landry had a terrible, terrible day, but that’s not a regular thing from him.  He’s normally consistent and reliable. Felton needs more reps.  DPJ when he comes back.  Maybe split Njoku out and give him some reps?

Ive seen plenty of OBJ (shocker I’m sure), plenty of Schwartz.

Higgins is another one who’s pretty consistent typically, but he can’t be doing dumb ish like false starts.

At this point it’s apparent to me that we aren’t going to have any real answers about where Mayfield is until next season. He has completely inadequate receivers out there, and he is playing injured. He is tough, so he is going to keep playing and wanting to be out there. But I have a hard time picturing vastly different performance out there the rest of the season given the circumstances. If we fail to make some changes as far as our weapons in 2022 though, we will have done a real disservice to Baker as well as the answers we need here at the position and what money we can/should commit to him long-term. Keep Jarvis and DPJ but add a couple new guys including a guy with WR1 potential.

*death stare towards OBJ*

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

At this point it’s apparent to me that we aren’t going to have any real answers about where Mayfield is until next season. He has completely inadequate receivers out there, and he is playing injured. He is tough, so he is going to keep playing and wanting to be out there. But I have a hard time picturing vastly different performance out there the rest of the season given the circumstances. If we fail to make some changes as far as our weapons in 2022 though, we will have done a real disservice to Baker as well as the answers we need here at the position and what money we can/should commit to him long-term. Keep Jarvis and DPJ but add a couple new guys including a guy with WR1 potential.

*death stare towards OBJ*

Super Troopers Good Job GIF by Searchlight Pictures