Official 2022 QB Thread

NYRaider

30 minutes ago, brownie man said:

You dont think Mac is having a really good year? 

Is 3500 passing yards and 21 TD's to 14 TO's considered a really good year for a QB?

That's basically what I'd expect from a Teddy B or an Andy Dalton over 16 games.

Edited by Jeezla

29 minutes ago, brownie man said:

You dont think Mac is having a really good year? 

I'd say it has been very good. 7.2 YPA entering today. The issue with Mac Jones is the same one facing virtually every rookie quarterback. They start their career with safe underneath throws and low yards per completion. Jones is at 10.7 YPC. Now he needs to work on his body and sense of urgency to the point he can step up and fire darts when the situation requires it, instead of nothing but changeups. New England will trust Jones with those type of throws more frequently next season. If he pulls it off the YPC can climb above 11.5 and perhaps 12.0

Edited by Awsi Dooger

16 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Is 3500 passing yards and 21 TD's to 14 TO's considered a really good year for a QB?

That's basically what I'd expect from a Teddy B or an Andy Dalton over 16 games.

Dude your expectations are wild 

Mac is having one of the most legit rookie seasons in the last 20 years. He didn't go RG3, but he played with poise all season. How many rookies get their teams in the playoffs? All his numbers are solid. 

He's having a really good year for a rookie, and a good year for an average QB. Thats great for a dude who just went 15 overall. Your expectations are unrealistic 

Edited by brownie man

9 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Dude your expectations are wild 

Mac is having one of the most legit rookie seasons in the last 20 years. He didn't go RG3, but he played with poise all season. How many rookies get their teams in the playoffs? All his numbers are solid. 

He's having a really good year for a rookie, and a good year for an average QB. Thats great for a dude who just went 15 overall. Your expectations are unrealistic 

If this was Mac Jones 5th year, would those stats be considered good? You think he'd get into the pro bowl with 3600 total yards and 21 total TD's?

I don't care about "good for a rookie". I care about good for an NFL starting QB. And those stats are just Teddy B/Andy Dalton level.

My expectation is that Teddy B or Andy Dalton in NE would have similar years.

Edited by Jeezla

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I don't care about "good for a rookie". I care about good for an NFL starting QB. And those stats are just Teddy B/Andy Dalton level.

You do realize the quarterback position is the most difficult in sports.

And also that historically the greatest QBs in history of football if they even played their rookie year weren't amazing rookies or even above average? 

Peyton Manning had a worse rookie year than Mac. I bet you gave up on him too. 

You trippin. He playing against grown *** men. Mac had a great year for a rookie QB. 

Edited by brownie man

15 minutes ago, brownie man said:

You do realize the quarterback position is the most difficult is sports.

And also that historically the greatest QBs in history if they even played their rookie year weren't amazing rookies. 

Peyton Manning had a worse rookie year than Mac. I bet you gave up on him too. 

You trippin

You're getting really emotional over this

I'm not trippin. Mac Jones is having an average year for an experienced starting QB. Good for a rookie? Sure. Good in general? No, just average, let alone "really good".

If you think 21 total TD's over 16 games is "very good", then what do you consider 30? God like? What's below average? 12?

And where did I say I give up on Mac Jones? I said he's having an average year for a QB if you look past it being his rookie year. Not sure how you got to me giving up on him from that, but ok.

And you're proving my point for me. Most QB's aren't amazing rookies. So bench them their 1st year. or start them in week 15 at the earliest.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 2

Mac Jones is on a very good TEAM so it helps him out ( being a high floor draft pick). T. Lawrence is on a bad team so they do not help him out.

Can both improve?  Sure. I still think Lawrence has a higher ceiling than Mac The question should be, do you think Mac Jones can carry a team? Answer...TBD.

• Like 1

@Jeezla ...yeah you're just wrong.

Are you actually watching his games? ...or just checking the stat sheet.

He's been a lot better than a mid tier QB. He's got one of the highest completion % ever for a rookie QB and is one of the few to guide his team to the playoffs. 

And it's not like that offense is stacked or anything. It's mostly jags and an Online.

He's having one of the best seasons all time for a rookie QB.

Edited by BrownLeader

8 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

He's been a lot better than a mid tier QB. He's got one of the highest completion % ever for a rookie QB and is one of the few to guide his team to the playoffs. 

And it's not like that offense is stacked or anything. It's mostly jags and an Online.

"A lot better than a mid tier QB" would mean he is a top tier QB. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

No, he's not. He's not even in the same stratosphere as Russell Wilson, Dak Prescott, Big Ben, RGIII, Justin Herbert, Deshaun Watson, or Dan Marino. Nor is he in the same tier as Baker, Kyler, or Cam Newton. He's on par with guys like Matt Ryan, Jameis Winston, Daniel Jones, and Marcus Mariota.

Is Mac Jones season considerably better than Matt Cassel's 2008 season with NE, if you ignore him being a rookie?
Cassel 10 wins in 15 starts. 21 TD's, about 3700 yards. 11 picks.
Mac 10 wins in 16 starts. 21 TD's, about 3550 yards. 12 picks.

I think this QB class is amazing and the Lions and Texans should draft QBs because you never know if you’re going to get the chance to draft a guy as talented as Pickett or Corral again. This is Burrow/Herbert like talent at the top of the draft in my honest opinion, no bias involved. Trust me. *wink*

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Is Mac Jones season considerably better than Matt Cassel's 2008 season with NE, if you ignore him being a rookie?

giphy.gif?cid=790b761182514368222aacb09c

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

No, he's not. He's not even in the same stratosphere as Russell Wilson, Dak Prescott, Big Ben, RGIII, Justin Herbert, Deshaun Watson, or Dan Marino. Nor is he in the same tier as Baker, Kyler, or Cam Newton. He's on par with guys like Matt Ryan, Jameis Winston, Daniel Jones, and Marcus Mariota.

Based on glimpses of talent, difficulty & ind/team success, excluding Marino since I didn't watch him, the top rookie QB seasons imo roughly....

1. Justin Herbert

2. Russell Wilson

3. Ben Roethlisberger

4. Matt Ryan

5. Joe Burrow

6. Mac Jones*

7. Dak Prescott

8. Baker Mayfield

9. Cam Newton

10. Robert Griffin