Official 2022 QB Thread

NYRaider

7 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Cincy's line clearly dominated by Bama.  maybe with a little bit of time..........

Felt like a microcosm of Ridder to me. Made some brilliant throws, but also missed some throws by a mile that a starting QB has to make.

On 12/30/2021 at 5:12 PM, Rich7sena said:

I think Willis is the safest QB prospect in this draft. He has a very impressive arm and has good, natural accuracy. More importantly, he is an excellent runner. His stop start and long speed would be impressive if he were just a running back. Guys with his general profile have at least being okay in the NFL as of late. I think his closest comp is a plus Tyrod Taylor. And, I prefer his skills to Jalen Hurts, so I wouldn't be surprise to see him have similar type success in the NFL.

I think he has one of the highest ceilings but also one of the lowest floors. Like he could potentially flame out fairly early.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think he has one of the highest ceilings but also one of the lowest floors. Like he could potentially flame out fairly early.

Willis is a classic High Ceiling low floor player.  The safest/high Floor QB is either Strong or Howell.  Just not sure how high their ceilings are. 

17 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

This got posted for those who want to watch the entirety of Ridder's performance. I had previously only given Ridder a cursory glance as a prospect, but I quickly saw the potential. My first impression pro comp of him is Ryan Tannehill.

When you watch him some more, you will, sometimes, see a hitch in his delivery.  I think this is his old throwing style coming out.  It gives him a longer wind-up and messes with his accuracy.  Becasue of this I comped him to Bryan Leftwich although I do not think he has as strong as an arm as Leftwich did.

I wish Ridder would have had a transcendent game, but Cinci was absolutely dominated in the trenches. It’s hard to hold that against a QB. I think he’s still pretty good but he needs a stable situation to get drafted into. I think he needs to sit at least half his rookie year, and be with a good coach. The same could pretty much be said about all the QBs in the class. Ridder ticks a lot of boxes in the potential department. Big arm, athletic, good size, seems like a hard worker. If he puts it together, in a good scheme, he’ll be really good. This upcoming QB needs to be nurtured like baby birds lol

4 hours ago, jebrick said:

Willis is a classic High Ceiling low floor player.  The safest/high Floor QB is either Strong or Howell.  Just not sure how high their ceilings are. 

Yeah, Willis ceiling is a better Jalen Hurts but his floor is backup/out of the league after a couple of seasons. Yeah I think Howell and Strong will both be good backups at the minimum.

8 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

If Corral just tore something...3rd round?

I thought he was a 2nd rounder before the game began.

Unless you thought he was a Day 1 starting QB or expected him to be a starting QB at some point as a rookie, I don't think his draft stock is effected much.  If you planned on sitting him for a year, you probably still like him and can use it as a rehab year.

41 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Unless you thought he was a Day 1 starting QB or expected him to be a starting QB at some point as a rookie, I don't think his draft stock is effected much.  If you planned on sitting him for a year, you probably still like him and can use it as a rehab year.

If Mac Jones' season is considered "really good" for a rookie QB, I don't want any rookie QB's starting day 1.
Go back to the "Sit him for a year/Majority of the year" routine that helped mold the likes of Rodgers, Brees, Eli, Rivers, Favre, Brady, and Mahomes. Unless they are going to be 24 as rookie, like Pickett. Then go ahead and start them. 22 or younger? Let them sit.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I also think it varies on a team by team basis. If you're a GM on the hot seat it might cause you to pass on him because ideally you'd want a rookie QB that can at least play at some point because even if the team is meh if he flashes potential it could buy you an extra year. But if you're a team like Atlanta or Detroit with a starting vet under contract next season it doesn't really change your opinion on him that much.