Official 2022 QB Thread

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Ridder's arm talent is average.

His arm strength is good.  Measurements at the Senior Bowl have his as second to Willis in the class, but still, not exactly what I said, so I don't see the relevance.

All his other physical traits are top end.

Just now, Daniel said:

His arm strength is good.  Measurements at the Senior Bowl have his as second to Willis in the class, but still, not exactly what I said, so I don't see the relevance.

All his other physical traits are top end.

How are his physical traits top end if he has average arm talent?

Just now, NYRaider said:

How are his physical traits top end if he has average arm talent?

First of all, I hate the term arm talent.  Seems to mean a different thing for whoever uses it, but it mostly seems to really be synonymous with arm strength.  Ridder has arm strength.  He can zip it.

If you're talking about touch, accuracy, or whatever, then it hardly falls into the category of physical tools.  Every other measurable does though, and in every other measurable (speed, arm length, hand size, height, jump measurements) is top end.

If those aren't physical traits then I don't know what are.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He's really the only QB in the class with top tier physical tools. He's definitely not ready to play immediately but in a scenario that he does play I think he can still do pretty well just because of his ability as a runner. We've seen Josh Allen go from doo-doo accuracy to superstar but he's an outlier for sure. 

Willis is the only QB that has gotten a ton of love following all of the pre-draft events.

Herbert is another QB who had lots of accuracy issues in college. Very inconsistent. Not comparing Willis to Herbert, but there's enough examples recently that point to those issues being correctable. 

I can't help but root for Willis. I'm a fan. 

13 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Herbert is another QB who had lots of accuracy issues in college. Very inconsistent. Not comparing Willis to Herbert, but there's enough examples recently that point to those issues being correctable. 

College completion %:

Stafford - 57%

Herbert - 64%

Allen - 56%

Dak - 62%

Mahomes - 63%

Willis - 63%

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swoosh said:

Same. I was against him at first, because of the POS school he played for, but he seems like a genuinely good kid.

And if he can sniff some of that upside, he’ll be worth a first by leaps and bounds.

10 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

So I'm guessing the Seahawks & Panthers are possibilities to draft a QB Round 1. Maybe the Steelers too. That about it? 

For possibilities, throw in Atlanta, New Orleans, Tennessee, and Detroit.  I don't think too many of them are very likely, but they're definitely in the realm of possibility.

All just depends on who goes when and who they like.

55 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

So I'm guessing the Seahawks & Panthers are possibilities to draft a QB Round 1. Maybe the Steelers too. That about it? 

Saints are in the running as well. We have met with Pickett twice, and Willis as well that I'm aware of.

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

Actually think Seattle is intent going in with Lock.  Probably add someone like Corral on Day 2.  You can probably add Atlanta, New Orleans, and Detroit as in the QB market.