Official 2022 QB Thread

NYRaider

19 hours ago, tyler735 said:

So much arm talent! No way he isn't a top 10 pick with how well he has done each step of the way this offseason (senior bowl, combine, pro day). 

I saw Paxton Lynch make a similar throw at his pro day back in 2016. Take from that what you will.....

Edited by BroncoSojia

20 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

As per usual, people wildly over reacting to pro days because of a flashy throw against no pressure not in pads.  I still wouldn't take a single one of these QB's in the first round.

Malik Willis going #2 to Detroit has been picking up some steam for a while.

14 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

I saw Paxton Lynch make a similar throw at his pro day back in 2016. Take from that what you will.....

Malik will be able to impact the game even if he isn't a great passer because he's such an explosive runner.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Malik will be able to impact the game even if he isn't a great passer because he's such an explosive runner.

That may be the case, but I'm not putting any stock into his pro day performance. (specially the passing)  Hell it would bigger story if he didn't look good, as he's throwing to familiar WRs covered by air in a pretty controlled environment.

Just now, BroncoSojia said:

That may be the case, but I'm not putting any stock into his pro day performance. (specially the passing)  Hell it would bigger story if he didn't look good, as he's throwing to familiar WRs covered by air in a pretty controlled environment.

I don't put much stock into it either, everyone knew he had a laser beam arm. He's basically Jalen Hurts with Stafford's arm strength.

32 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

As per usual, people wildly over reacting to pro days because of a flashy throw against no pressure not in pads.  I still wouldn't take a single one of these QB's in the first round.

Is this not the standard post combine/pro-day love?  How many combine stars did not show it on the football field and were successful in the NFL?  Film is still the best way to make the judgement and films says that Willis is not accurate on anything that is not a vertical route.  He is the only QB I would take in rd 1 because of his ceiling but he has a low floor as well.  He is worth the risk.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jebrick said:

Is this not the standard post combine/pro-day love?  How many combine stars did not show it on the football field and were successful in the NFL?  Film is still the best way to make the judgement and films says that Willis is not accurate on anything that is not a vertical route.  He is the only QB I would take in rd 1 because of his ceiling but he has a low floor as well.  He is worth the risk.

He's really the only QB in the class with top tier physical tools. He's definitely not ready to play immediately but in a scenario that he does play I think he can still do pretty well just because of his ability as a runner. We've seen Josh Allen go from doo-doo accuracy to superstar but he's an outlier for sure. 

Willis is the only QB that has gotten a ton of love following all of the pre-draft events.

51 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I always go back to "Jamarcus Russell had the best pro day in history" comment that some scout or GM or whoever said. 

1 hour ago, BroncoSojia said:

That throw is far from the only reason I view him as a top 10 pick. Just one of many displays of his elite arm talent. That arm talent combined with his elite athleticism for position is worth the gamble of a top 10 pick.

Paxton Lynch had nowhere near the ceiling of Willis and his personality rubbed a lot of teams the wrong way leading up to the draft. Willis is the exact opposite. His personality has been viewed as a huge positive.

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Shhhh.

2 QBs must go top 13. They must.