Official 2022 QB Thread

NYRaider

Well I'm not an "exec" but I wouldn't draft a QB in the 1st round this year. 
I'm not even able to project which QB would be drafted top 10. Nobody deserves that high of a pick. 
It's lying season on all the prospects right now. Having 2 QBs in the top 10 seems like a definite lie/reach. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MagicMT said:

Well I'm not an "exec" but I wouldn't draft a QB in the 1st round this year. 
I'm not even able to project which QB would be drafted top 10. Nobody deserves that high of a pick. 
It's lying season on all the prospects right now. Having 2 QBs in the top 10 seems like a definite lie/reach. 

I havent been paying close attention at all to the draft this year, but I agree. Unfortunately teams will reach because of need and pressure. 

I dont understand Willis' meteroric rise to the potential #2 overall pick. He is 6'0 tall--which is actually shorter than Baker Mayfield who everybody and their mother knocked for his height. Maybe he some sort of small school prodigy like Josh Allen? Well....no, hes not that either. He has a poor completion % his passing stats dont jump off the page at all. He was also 36th in CFB QBR.

He is like the far less talented and worse version of Kyler Murray.

I just dont get it with him--or any of these prospects for that matter. They are all Day 2-3 talents in my mind and I would be scared to death if my team had to pick a QB this year.

If I had to pick 1 QB that stands the best chance at success, it would be Desmond Ridder, but even then I dont think he is a top 15 pick.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

I absolutely do not understand why people are so low on Sam Howell. Gil Brant's "Hot Prospects" article on NFL.com has Howell like 74th or something like that. Is that consensus-ish? He's a third rounder to people if you remove positional value? I feel like 30-40 overall with positional value removed is much more correct and take as early as needed is fine given positional value. If I was a Lions fans and they took him #2 overall I wouldn't be mad about it, and 32nd overall I would say it's a bargain as it's near BPA and with positional value and 5th year option is a steal. I get he isn't going to truck (most) NFL players, but I feel like people then make his athleticism a negative or something because it's not what his rushing numbers would imply. His arm talent is definitely first round caliber. His football character is elite. His college system is goofy, but others have transitioned fine it's not the old "Mike Leech QB = can't transition to pro-style". Because of the system reads might take a bit to develop, but what QB doesn't need to develop that entering the NFL?

edit: Additionally maybe people think he's too small at 6 foot or 6'1" or whatever and 220ish, but then in a following breathe people suggest wait for Bryce Young... what's up with that?

Edited by Trojan

7 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Must say I tend to agree. I think both Malik Willis and Kenny Pickett are worth taking in the top 15 picks. Willis I could definitely see going around the 5th pick as his ceiling is incredibly high.

At this point, I think Malik Willis is a lock to go top 10.  Should he go top 10?  That's probably a discussion for another day.  But if one of them goes off the board earlier then the media projections, it wouldn't be the first time that a team felt pressure to move up.

5 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I dont understand Willis' meteroric rise to the potential #2 overall pick. He is 6'0 tall--which is actually shorter than Baker Mayfield who everybody and their mother knocked for his height. Maybe he some sort of small school prodigy like Josh Allen? Well....no, hes not that either. He has a poor completion % his passing stats dont jump off the page at all. He was also 36th in CFB QBR.

Baker Mayfield wishes he had the physical tools that Malik Willis has.

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Baker Mayfield wishes he had the physical tools that Malik Willis has.

.....about the only physical tool Willis has that Baker doesnt is speed to scramble effectively. As prospects Baker is taller, heavier, has all-time level accuracy and better arm strength. 

21 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

.....about the only physical tool Willis has that Baker doesnt is speed to scramble effectively. As prospects Baker is taller, heavier, has all-time level accuracy and better arm strength. 

According to combine info, Malik is heavier.  Also, he undeniably has the stronger arm.

Baker is a little taller and has better accuracy.

32 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Willis has a stronger arm. No question about it. And he's better in every single way in terms of mobility. 

21 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Willis has a stronger arm. No question about it. And he's better in every single way in terms of mobility. 

lol no he doesnt. Baker has a cannon--his ability to read defenses and adjust is terrible and he has a lot of knocks, but arm strength is not one of them. He also holds the record for longest pass in NFL history.

Just seems like a lot of people trying to talk theirselves into Willis when in reality....even in a average QB draft he is a late 2nd round QB talent.

Edited by AkronsWitness

45 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Willis undoubtedly has a stronger arm than Baker. Willis is right up near the top among NFL QB's in that aspect. Willis is about 5lbs heavier while being a half inch shorter. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Willis has a much more solid frame. Baker kind of has that Mac Jones type dad bod build going for him. 

4 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Willis undoubtedly has a stronger arm than Baker. Willis is right up near the top among NFL QB's in that aspect. Willis is about 5lbs heavier while being a half inch shorter. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Willis has a much more solid frame. Baker kind of has that Mac Jones type dad bod build going for him. 

People keep saying this but its just not true.

20 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

lol no he doesnt. Baker has a cannon--his ability to read defenses and adjust is terrible and he has a lot of knocks, but arm strength is not one of them. He also holds the record for longest pass in NFL history.

Just seems like a lot of people trying to talk theirselves into Willis when in reality....even in a average QB draft he is a late 2nd round QB talent.

LOL. Yes, he does. Willis has a howitzer. He'll walk into the NFL and immediately have one of the strongest arms in the league. Baker does not compare.

43 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

People keep saying this but its just not true.

You don't think other QB's in the NFL can throw 70 yards? Baker used everything the had to get that ball to go 70 yards there as he had plenty of time and did a full crow hop as he stepped up in the pocket to make that throw happen. This is a scenario that rarely comes up for QB's in the NFL. 

Regardless, here is Willis running to the left with his momentum going that direction and throwing 70 yards across his body on the money at his pro day. 

50+ yards on the money without his feet set falling backwards

I'll take Willis's arm without any hesitation over Mayfield's.

Edited by tyler735