Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

Nick Chubb: 16 carries for 69 yards (4.31 YPC, 13 LNG), 0 touchdowns, 1 fumble.

Trent Williams: 0 pancakes, 2 sacks allowed, 0 stuffs allowed

Austin Ekeler: 18 carries for 52 yards (2.89 YPC, 14 LNG), 0 touchdowns

Mike McGlinchey: 1 pancake, 2 sacks allowed, 1 stuff allowed

+ 2 x 1sts + 2x 2nd's

Trent Williams [2 GS]: 0 pancakes, 4 sacks allowed, 0 stuffs allowed

Mike McGlinchey [2 GS]: 2 pancakes, 2 sacks allowed, 1 stuff allowed

The great "New Owner Trade" Debate continues with a check-in. 

It's only week 1 post-trade, but so far not a huge drop off from Williams to McGlinchey and Chubb to Ekeler. 

Trent Williams has as many sacks allowed so far as Nick Cannon has kids. We'll see if the trend continues. 

• Like 1

I have definitely been surprised by the OLine stats. DeCastro allowed a total of 8 stuffs in all of S21, yet has allowed 6 through the first two weeks of S22. Taylor Decker, who had a solid S21, is putting up a sparking "1 pancake, 1 sack allowed, 5 stuffs allowed" line. I was expecting that my OLine would be a strength of this team... hoping that they turn things around.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I have definitely been surprised by the OLine stats. DeCastro allowed a total of 8 stuffs in all of S21, yet has allowed 6 through the first two weeks of S22. Taylor Decker, who had a solid S21, is putting up a sparking "1 pancake, 1 sack allowed, 5 stuffs allowed" line. I was expecting that my OLine would be a strength of this team... hoping that they turn things around.

Your OL position coach needs to step up with a "team meeting" at IHOP and get everyone back on board. 

• Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 4:55 PM, Karnage84 said:

@ravens5520 gg. 

Yikes. Another close L, albeit a defensive battle this time around. This was a W until a 4th and 8 turns into a 38 yard pass to a Running Back (!?) and a game winning FG. 

That was pretty intense. My team went Mia after a 13-0 early lead. Figured it was over

Couple head scratching RNG plays that I believe were made up to me with that last pass 😬

GG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

As far a decker pretty sure I was one of the least aggressive (per sliders) offensive teams last season. May have led to him not giving up too much. Who knows. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

As far a decker pretty sure I was one of the least aggressive (per sliders) offensive teams last season. May have led to him not giving up too much. Who knows. 

yep.. teams who run a lot will have higher pancakes and stuffs allowed, while teams who pass a lot will have more sacks allowed

aggressiveness also adds to that, more aggressive offenses will have more positive plays (which usually don't relfect in OL stats) and more negative plays (which are more likely to show up in OL stats), while less aggressive usually will have a little more favorable OL stats

I take a peek at the previous OL results before drafting, but honestly I care so much more about NFL stats in most cases

In general, "Results may vary" is too big of a risk for me to only be caring about previous NSFL outcomes for individual players

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Offensive line stats are essentially meaningless.

Even Nacho has said as much

4 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

It's only week 1 post-trade, but so far not a huge drop off from Williams to McGlinchey and Chubb to Ekeler. 

Trent Williams has as many sacks allowed so far as Nick Cannon has kids. We'll see if the trend continues. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

It’s one game. You had it good. 

2 hours ago, Tk3 said:

yep.. teams who run a lot will have higher pancakes and stuffs allowed, while teams who pass a lot will have more sacks allowed

aggressiveness also adds to that, more aggressive offenses will have more positive plays (which usually don't relfect in OL stats) and more negative plays (which are more likely to show up in OL stats), while less aggressive usually will have a little more favorable OL stats

I take a peek at the previous OL results before drafting, but honestly I care so much more about NFL stats in most cases

In general, "Results may vary" is too big of a risk for me to only be caring about previous NSFL outcomes for individual players

This is a really good breakdown and very helpful. Thank you sir!

27 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

It’s one game. You had it good. 

That's why it's called the "Week 1 Check in". And those stats are measured over the past two weeks. 

I took a risk. Williams has a high level reputation. He's also 32 and was arguably my worst OL in week 1. I made the trade and he let in another 2 sacks this week. Since there was some heat around this particular trade, I decided to keep track of it and we can see how it panned out by seasons end. 

3 hours ago, ravens5520 said:

That was pretty intense. My team went Mia after a 13-0 early lead. Figured it was over

Couple head scratching RNG plays that I believe were made up to me with that last pass 😬

GG

I was going "it's 4th and 8. We're going to win.. even after that trade...holy"... and then that 38 yard pass just killed it.