Who is your most unexpected player to breakout this season?

Gopackgonerd

Unexpected?  I'd probably say King.  He has the look of being nothing more than a stop gap this year and he has the potential to be a lot more than that if the 1 year deal lights a fire under him.  Deal reminds me of Nick Perry's a little.  A high draft capital guy that had a horrid injury riddled contract year and was stuck having to sign a 1 year contract.  On that deal he had his first and only double digit sack season.  

Other potential break outs like Runyan, Savage, Gary or Dillion wouldn't be what I'd consider unexpected.  

• Like 2

I'm hoping for Keke, which is a popular choice.  As far as rooks, I could see Myers or Rodgers making an impact although at center that would mostly mean we don't notice him much at all.

My super sleeper pick- Garvin.  He has plenty of tools, is very young, and has a great room and coach to learn from.  He was neck and neck with his runningmates at Miami who got drafted mid first round this year.  If he gets serious minutes, that means someone went down but I'll be looking for him in the preseason and as the 4th guy in the rotation to make opposing QB's life miserable.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, SSG said:

Unexpected?  I'd probably say King.  He has the look of being nothing more than a stop gap this year and he has the potential to be a lot more than that if the 1 year deal lights a fire under him.  Deal reminds me of Nick Perry's a little.  A high draft capital guy that had a horrid injury riddled contract year and was stuck having to sign a 1 year contract.  On that deal he had his first and only double digit sack season.  

Other potential break outs like Runyan, Savage, Gary or Dillion wouldn't be what I'd consider unexpected.  

Savage and Gary come with high expectations but if they start coming into their own and start playing without thinking, our D will better better.

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Mason Crosby

Who?  Oh, you mean Mason Crossbar?

9 hours ago, Chili said:

The star position has a strong possibility of an UDFA manning that spot so someone like Uphoff has a great opportunity.

The what position?  Oh, you mean the Haberdasher?

44 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

JORDAN LOVE.

12 holds out until week 3 preseason, then tears his achillles in practice the week before opening game.  JLove plays all 17 RS games, starts 3-5, finishes 8-1, leads us to improbable Super Bowl victory.  

An AR Achilles injury in week 3 of preseason is about the worst possible outcome. We eat the cap space, get nothing for it, and his trade value gets decimated.

• Like 2

• Josiah Deguara - man was built from scratch to play in this offense, and is by far the best movement blocker on roster right now.  Should get the reps and has the ability to do damage on the kind of TE/FB leak/go/wheel route nonsense this MLF offense is so good about opening up.
  • Kamal Martin - love the way he plays, even if he needed a lot of work when last seen.  Too aggressive and brings too much energy to not see the field more this year with Kirksey gone.  Have a lot of concerns about him but if they limit his responsibilities in coverage and keep him blitzing more he could hit in a big way.
  • Kingsley Keke - too good all around to not keep improving, he's got good hands, good feet, and he's twitchy for a big guy.  Looking at 8-10 sacks if he can stay healthy all year.
  • EQ - eventually I'll either be right or he'll get cut and I can give up on this train.
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

An AR Achilles injury in week 3 of preseason is about the worst possible outcome. We eat the cap space, get nothing for it, and his trade value gets decimated.

How is it worst possible outcome if you won the SB?

Edited by dll2000
forgot a word
  • Like 2