East Semis: (2) Nets vs (3) Bucks (Bucks win series 4-3)

beekay414

Who wins?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Lakers were 21-6 before AD got hurt. Then later on LBJ got hurt. Complacency wasn't their issue, health was. AD came into the season compromised and never got to peak form and ditto for LBJ after his injury. 

I do think health played a huge reason the Lakers arent still playing in the playoffs. Im just saying what was reported that people around the league felt from the Lakers. They felt that outside of LeBron the others on the Lakers felt like they have arrived based on winning the title and they didnt focus on this being a new season. And yes the Lakers had a great record, can we agree that AD wasnt playing what we all expected him to play like before he got hurt? He still was good but not dominant like we all thought he would be coming off a great bubble playoffs and winning the title. 

3 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I definitely think the Nets have a chance to be even better. Claxton continues to get experience and thus will be better. Dinwiddie idk if he will return or not but if Im the Nets Id at least try to get him to sign back because he can be a starter or at worse be the 6th man off the bench that will allow Kyrie or even Harden to take some games off. Then the continue chemistry will grow with this team. Plus I dont think there will be complacency like there was with the Lakers this year. Ive heard many people around the league saying the Lakers didnt take this season too serious outside of LeBron because they still was on the high from winning the title. I dont think if the Nets win the title they will be the same.  

That might or might not be true, but the Lakers had half the amount of an offseason that a Finals winner would usually have and STILL started the season 21-6 (1st in the West at the time and maybe 1st in the NBA... idr) with Gasol at center and AD not near 100% early on before getting hurt further and that was with integrating a whole bunch of new players with like no training camp and barely any practices during the year.

Power Rangers Reaction GIF

Direct reflection of their coach. No movement on offense, refusal to adjust, dropping everything on the perimeter. Bud really blew his load on "adjusting" to beat a 6 seed lol. 

Joke's on the Bucks. They can't hurt me or any Bucks fan anymore. In the words of the great Frank Madden, "Never trust the Bucks." lol

Good luck the rest of the way @stl4life07 @Kip Smithers and any other Nets fan I missed.

@NYRaider Should've taken the bet homie! LOL

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

can we agree that AD wasnt playing what we all expected him to play like before he got hurt? He still was good but not dominant like we all thought he would be coming off a great bubble playoffs and winning the title. 

He wasn't healthy to start the season. It was blatantly obvious. He did seem complacent to let Bron carry early on though. I will say that. Its why LeBron during the first quarter of the season should've been firmly in the top 2 or 3 at worst for MVP.

3 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Im just saying what was reported that people around the league felt from the Lakers. They felt that outside of LeBron the others on the Lakers felt like they have arrived based on winning the title and they didnt focus on this being a new season.

I mean for one they didn't really get much of an offseason to recover let alone work on their games before the new season and a lot of the roster got overturned, so not sure how guys like Harrell, Schroder, Gasol, Matthews, and so on were complacent from winning.

Maybe AD was, but he we were still winning at a high rate with him not being healthy even before the injury.

I could see Kuz being like that, but KCP and Caruso especially? Nah.

Vets like Dudley and Morris definitely weren't bringing that attitude this year.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Power Rangers Reaction GIF

Direct reflection of their coach. No movement on offense, refusal to adjust, dropping everything on the perimeter. Bud really blew his load on "adjusting" to beat a 6 seed lol. 

Joke's on the Bucks. They can't hurt me or any Bucks fan anymore. In the words of the great Frank Madden, "Never trust the Bucks." lol

Good luck the rest of the way @stl4life07 @Kip Smithers and any other Nets fan I missed.

@NYRaider Should've taken the bet homie! LOL

I've seen stranger things happen! Series ain't over until it's 3-0.

5 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I do think health played a huge reason the Lakers arent still playing in the playoffs. Im just saying what was reported that people around the league felt from the Lakers. They felt that outside of LeBron the others on the Lakers felt like they have arrived based on winning the title and they didnt focus on this being a new season. And yes the Lakers had a great record, can we agree that AD wasnt playing what we all expected him to play like before he got hurt? He still was good but not dominant like we all thought he would be coming off a great bubble playoffs and winning the title. 

I mean Lakers had some flaws but if AD is AD and LBJ is LBJ, then we were likely to get the finals match up everyone thought we would get. 

I still say Harden will be needed against Philly though. Yes, I think Philly pulls through even if it is a tough 6 or 7 game series against ATL. Philly has bodies to throw at KD/Kyrie and their entire defense will have to change against Embiid. Will be interesting to see if Nash goes with DAJ or not. 

Let's first see what Milwaukee can do at home. Who knows, it could be 2-2 and Harden will need to play this round. 

• Like 1