Madden 22

3 hours ago, showtime said:

This is an issue in all types of games. Top competitive players quickly figure out the best stuff in the game, it gets posted on Twitch/YouTube and everyone does the same stuff because it's the most efficient way to play the game.

For example: New expansion comes out in Hearthstone. Pros figure out the best 30 card deck and play on Twitch/YouTube. Everyone sees the best deck. Everyone makes that same exact 30 card deck.

The reason it's boring is not because it works - it's because it's not working and they don't know how to do anything except run their money plays and nothing else. It's not fun to watch, at all and it's just really a shame these are the "pros" of the game.

On 8/15/2021 at 8:27 PM, 43M said:

This review actually goes into good detail about why Madden 22 is essentially the same trash effort EA gives every year...

I had no idea EA had exclusive rights until 2026. I though it ended sooner than that. BOOOOOOOO

Also, everything in this review is spot on.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I had no idea EA had exclusive rights until 2026. I though it ended sooner than that. BOOOOOOOO

Also, everything in this review is spot on.

NFL re-upped with them about a yr ago. Rumor was the NFL was close to letting someone else make a simulation game, but EA made a great last minute sales pitch smh. NFL can get out of the deal a yr earlier if Madden sales don't reach a certain number.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, August4th said:

NFL re-upped with them about a yr ago. Rumor was the NFL was close to letting someone else make a simulation game, but EA made a great last minute sales pitch smh. NFL can get out of the deal a yr earlier if Madden sales don't reach a certain number.

The "funniest" part about that is that EA doesn't even make a true simulation football game, and clearly dont want to.....but they dont want anyone else to make one either.

Im beginning to think I actually hate the NFL more than EA.   As trash as EA is, the NFL couldve ended this long ago, and there are alot of basic things they wont allow in the game, like fully custom teams and player ejections/suspensions.   I remember when they wouldnt allow tattoos. 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 43M said:

The "funniest" part about that is that EA doesn't even make a true simulation football game, and clearly dont want to.....but they dont want anyone else to make one either.

Im beginning to think I actually hate the NFL more than EA.   As trash as EA is, the NFL couldve ended this long ago, and there are alot of basic things they wont allow in the game, like fully custom teams and player ejections/suspensions.   I remember when they wouldnt allow tattoos. 😄

What I don't understand is that EA is a great company that designs and makes a ton of great games--but Madden has seemed to be the game they put the absolute least amount of effort into.

It is truly like they do not care because the mistakes that are in that game have been in that game for a decade.

7 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

What I don't understand is that EA is a great company that designs and makes a ton of great games--but Madden has seemed to be the game they put the absolute least amount of effort into.

It is truly like they do not care because the mistakes that are in that game have been in that game for a decade.

I'm not a game developer, but my understanding is that EA's insistence that all of their teams use the Frostbite game engine really hampers the non FPS games developed by the company. The engine was designed for FPS games and causes major development issues for other types of games. The games that have longer development schedules can make it work, although its more tedious.  But the Madden teams have to crank out a new version every year. I imagine the higher ups at EA saw everyone using Frostbite as a cost savings measure, but ultimately has hurt some of their products. 

21 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Are they?  Do they?

I mean they have more money than god to play around with and Titanfall/Apex, Mass Effect and Battlefield are graphically/storywise pretty great. Even their other sports titles like Fifa dont get near the amount of backlash that Madden does.

Like the guy in the review video above said, they are just bringing back features that Madden titles 15 years ago had which I dont understand why they got rid of in the first place.

For the last 10 years it just seems like Madden is extremely lazily put together. They are still running the same animation based gameplay they have been since the ps4 release.

Edited by AkronsWitness

17 minutes ago, biggio7 said:

If the NFL was smart, they would have EA make a game to download just for MUT and have another company make a franchise game.

They could scam even more money that way.

Its a shame. MUT is the greatest idea/game mode that they have put in that game in years--then they ruined it by making it pay-to-win. When I used to buy Madden I would buy it strictly to play MUT. Now, the game wont even be out a week and you will have 95 overall teams with nothing but HOFers while I grind away spending no money on packs.

30 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Its a shame. MUT is the greatest idea/game mode that they have put in that game in years--then they ruined it by making it pay-to-win. When I used to buy Madden I would buy it strictly to play MUT. Now, the game wont even be out a week and you will have 95 overall teams with nothing but HOFers while I grind away spending no money on packs.

Ya this is frustrating but you can understand why they do it.  Would be cool if they had a MUT division where everyone had to grind so it would separate those players.

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya this is frustrating but you can understand why they do it.  Would be cool if they had a MUT division where everyone had to grind so it would separate those players.

Yeah its all about how much money they can squeeze out. Look at COD and Activision lol.

I think a simple fix (and this is the only time I have ever asked for this to be in a game) is matching teams up for games based on their teams level. You should not be matched up against a team that is 10 points better or worse than yours. Get rid of this 79 overall team getting matched against a 94 overall team.

Its just so deflating when Im out there grinding to get a 91 overall player and then I get matched up with a dude who has John Elway, Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice and Calvin Johnson

Edited by AkronsWitness