• Suns in 4
    • Suns in 5
    • Suns in 6
    • Suns in 7
    • Nuggets in 4
    • Nuggets in 5
    • Nuggets in 6
    • Nuggets in 7

Suns hit a decent amount of 3 point looks, Nuggets didn't. That was basically it for the 1st half, and the effort from the entire Nuggets team fell off a cliff when the game got to a 15 point deficit early in the 3rd.

To make up for the difference in (available) roster quality, Nuggets need to be hitting close to 50% from 3, not 14% like they did in the 1st half. If anything, they should have been down more at half time with how poorly they shot the ball.

I don't think that MPJ performance (at both ends) needs discussing, really. We all saw it.

Edited by lomaxgrUK

11 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

MPJ is too inconsistent at this point to be Jokic's robin. Against the worst defense in the league the lesser players can get going, but not against Phoenix. Jokic and MPJ have to get 50+ combined every single game to even have a chance. This is where Murray's absence hurts badly. That man raises his game in the postseason and gets 20+ easily. MPJ wasn't all the way right last night so you have to take that into consideration but this is as big of a backcourt mismatch as you will see in the playoffs. 

I'm really not sure what this team can do at this point. 

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Rudy is out here making winning plays in clutch situations, Jokic getting outplayed by DeAndre Ayton... 

enjoy it while you can big guy. I love to see I am on your mind enough to @ me all evening 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Its too bad Jamal Murray isnt playing, this mightve been the best series of the whole tourney 

It’s 3/4 top guards out of the rotation for Denver. 2/4 with Barton finally coming back in limited manner. This would have been a hell of a series with a full strength squad. PJ Dozier is the best guard defender on the roster 

45 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm really not sure what this team can do at this point. 

They can lose two more games and call it a day. PHX is hitting on all cylinders at the moment.
Somebody needs to land a good karate chop to CP3's shoulder. That could be all it takes to turn this thing around. 

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Its too bad Jamal Murray isnt playing, this mightve been the best series of the whole tourney 

it's really an effing shame

This was the year we get to see a fully realized Denver team with Jokic at peak performance and it's all a waste. Reminds me of when D-Rose and Kawhi got hurt in the playoffs.

Maybe it’s just me but I have a good feeling about the Suns going all the way and winning it. They’re giving off the same special vibes the 2011 Mavs did. Funny enough they’ll have to beat the Juggernaut Nets. Just like the Mavs did against the Heat.

Edited by Blackstar12

1 hour ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

We’re so used to Jokic averaging 26/11/8 that he averages 31/11/5 in the playoffs and he's a fraud now. 

Obviously he's had a tough start to this series, but this is getting annoying.

Jokic would have gotten his playoff averages yesterday if he played the 4th quarter. That's not the reason for this team being down 0-2. With MPJ not giving anything, it's almost impossible to expect the team to compete with their starting backcourt. There is no rim pressure being put on and a HUGE mismatch in guard play. Morris needs to play better and he may be the guy that could potentially turn the series around but even that is pushing it. 

Phoenix is just on another level of play right now.   Their team construction is just so good.  

Utah, Phoenix & Brooklyn are firing on all cylinders (with BKN, KD is the key, not Harden or Irving).     Murray would have made it interesting, though.  But no chance right now.   

TBH I can't believe either Brooklyn or Phx are road dogs.  I get it, game 3, road game...but neither one should be dogs right now.   Guess we'll find out soon enough.