Patriots WR N’Keal Harry requests trade

RaidersAreOne

13 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

I'll give him credit for developing ex jags star keenan mccardell.

He signed him in 1992 after he was cut by the Redskins after the 91 season.  He was an 11th round pick in 91. 

N'Keal Harry? I don't think he was even alive back then.

Not sure what you're talking about...?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

Obviously you've never heard of a time machine.

N'Keal Harry is so talented he was able to literally give his talent to the lowly Keenan McCardell. Unfortunately, N'Keal forgot how to be talented after doing this.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I know your just joking about him being a TE threat but I'm not. I really think that's where he would fit best.

Fwiw, I actually wasn't joking about Harry being best at TE. I agree that he could be solid there. 

• Like 1

Besides his attitude is all wrong.

He doesn't get football coaches or any kind of employer.

He wants touches he needs to be in Cams and McDaniels ear asking what he is doing wrong and how he can get better.  He needs to ask to stay for extra work etc.

Especially in a hyper competitive elite level of play.   Big fishes who suddenly aren't big fishes anymore sometimes don't get it.   

You aren't being recruited, you aren't the star anymore and nobody cares.  When he understands that and acts accordingly he may turn things around.  Asking for a trade is a giant red flag he still doesn't get his new reality. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, showtime said:

All the people who are trashing this guy saying he can't play, why is that? He was hurt as a rookie and didn't play much. Then, he struggled last year, but the Patriots offense blows. Their offense has had a serious lack of talent for like two years now. Harry hasn't even played two seasons worth of games, yet. Maybe he does better with a fresh start on a new team.

Jakobi Meyers was plugged in and outproduced Harry x4 right away. The Patriots offense certainly has had a lack of talent and was all-time bad last seaon. Harry is a big part of that reason....

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I know your just joking about him being a TE threat but I'm not. I really think that's where he would fit best.

I actually said this when he was drafted. I thought the pats were taking him to play TE. Otherwise that pick made absolutely no sense. 

Pretty evident that Harry is/was never going to make it in the league at WR. Hes too slow. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, N4L said:

I actually said this when he was drafted. I thought the pats were taking him to play TE. Otherwise that pick made absolutely no sense. 

Pretty evident that Harry is/was never going to make it in the league at WR. Hes too slow. 

You can be slow and still succeed though (see Davante Adams, DeAndre Hopkins and Anquan Boldin etc). N'Keal has no heart, no toughness. He honestly just doesn't want it enough and it shows. It was bad watching him get manhandled by DBs half his size on a weekly basis. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ET80 said:

What I was saying was y'all was saying bb can't develop a wr and I just named 1 who he took off the scrap heap who happened to be one of the better wrs in the 90s. 

He was cut a year after being an 11th round pick who did nothing of note that 1 year. 

11 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Fwiw, I actually wasn't joking about Harry being best at TE. I agree that he could be solid there. 

Ahh, Gotcha. I thought you were making a joke about Tebow lol.

9 hours ago, N4L said:

Good call.

Yeah, I still don't see what the Pats saw in him that made them think he was a better prospect than Metcalf, AJ, etc. And that's not just hindsight talking either....it seemed to be a pretty widely known opinion at the time. But I guess it's just another failed attempt at developing the WR position for the pats.

5 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

You can be slow and still succeed though (see Davante Adams, DeAndre Hopkins and Anquan Boldin etc). N'Keal has no heart, no toughness. He honestly just doesn't want it enough and it shows. It was bad watching him get manhandled by DBs half his size on a weekly basis. 

Yup. This was one of the things I pointed out about him another thread yesterday.

Harry is slow, struggles against press coverage (even at his size), has terrible feet, even worse field/game awareness, is slow in and out of his breaks, plays small for his size, goes down easy for a 6'4 230 guy with a big frame, and runs routes like he's carrying 80 pounds of gear on his back.

Edited by JAF-N72EX

On 7/7/2021 at 10:14 PM, showtime said:

All the people who are trashing this guy saying he can't play, why is that? He was hurt as a rookie and didn't play much. Then, he struggled last year, but the Patriots offense blows. Their offense has had a serious lack of talent for like two years now. Harry hasn't even played two seasons worth of games, yet. Maybe he does better with a fresh start on a new team.

Harry sucks. He sucks hard. Can't get any separation and is never on the same page with the quarterback. He is a liability, not an asset.

Complete waste of a pick. We'd be lucky to get a bag of chips out of him.

Edited by biggie.

He looked slow as dirt in his college highlight reel too.  The fact that his agent chirps about being unstoppable at the point of attack in college says it all.  

15 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

But wait, he was "unstoppable at the point of attack"... in college... 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

What I was saying was y'all was saying bb can't develop a wr and I just named 1 who he took off the scrap heap who happened to be one of the better wrs in the 90s. 

He was cut a year after being an 11th round pick who did nothing of note that 1 year. 

Yeah, that wasn't how that read ...but this makes more sense.

This being said, that's one WR out of 27 drafted WRs. I'll give him additional credit for Julian Edelman, Deion Branch as well and even add in the trades for Moss/Welker.

That's 30 total WRs - five that actually developed, including McCardell. That's what - hitting .167? Not exactly disproving that. Belly has a less than stellar track record at the position. (Not including other FA busts such as Reggie Wayne, Chad Johnson, Chris Hogan, etc - average goes down if you include them).

Perhaps it wasn't Belly's development - perhaps it was McCardell needing an opportunity.