FA CB Richard Sherman booked for Burglary Domestic Violence

RaidersAreOne

I’ve got zero tolerance for drunk driving in any capacity, especially in today’s day and age. Having innocent family friends killed by a drunk driver will do that. Mental health is a complicated issue, but giving him a pass and making him out to be a victim isn’t the right solution either. Everyone is lucky this story didn’t have a tragic ending in some capacity.

Yep, reminds me of this saying 'Mental health issues are not your fault, but they are your responsibility.'

• Like 2

This really seems like Sherman needs help. I followed his career closely when he was in Seattle and this seems all sorts of out of character for a guy like him. I really hope he gets the help he needs and I really hope this was was a "rock bottom" one-time thing. But, there's never an excuse to drive drunk, especially when you're set for life money wise like he is.

21 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Really wish comments like these were just auto-removed by mods along with warnings/bangs. This is pathetic.

5 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

❄️❄️❄️❄️

You know there’s an ignore feature right?

Discuss the topic, not each other.

How this impacts Sherman's chances for a new contract, which teams would pass him up as a result, etc.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Really wish comments like these were just auto-removed by mods along with warnings/bangs. This is pathetic.

I'd suggest using the ignore function - but believe me, I'd take such actions if I could.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'd suggest using the ignore function - but believe me, I'd take such actions if I could.

Really? That’s the one you want to ban me for? Every thread about a player having legal problems is littered with “I hope they throw the book at the idiot”. I’ve even seen several threads about guys dying in car accidents with comments “natural selection.” But this guy who’s been treating people like **** for as long as we’ve known who he is is the one everyone is sensitive about. M’kay

This sounds like a bottoming out type of issue the more that comes out.

Dumb moves on Sherman's part for sure, and he'll probably get a suspension and be removed from the NFLPA VP spot he's got. But as things unfold, I'm just not seeing anything so egregious that warrants not being signed by someone "if he can still play at a reasonably high level".

That said, anyone know his concussion history? Cliché maybe, but with how bizarre this was given his otherwise clean slate (trash talk aside), one has to wonder.

6 hours ago, iknowcool said:

peeding is also an action that is avoidable (and I'd argue someone who is sober and speeding is making more of a conscious decision than someone who is drunk and decides to drive, although I should emphasize before it is miscontrued that yes, drinking and driving is worse) and can have deadly consequences.  Would it be fair for me to then ask what good people you know that speed, as if speeding dictates who is good or bad?

Drinking and driving is dumb.  Nobody in this thread has argued otherwise.  But it's also dumb to think someone is a bad person simply because they made that poor decision.  It's a decision millions and millions of Americans make.  We can either think every single one of those millions of people are/were bad, or we can think that sometimes humans make bad decisions, the avoid-ability of it being irrelevant.

I do think people who speed are bad, reckless people. I’m not talking going slightly over the speed limit or within the unwritten rule of speed (in Ontario, anything within 15-20 over the speed limit is the norm and not policed). That's normal.

But the people who drive recklessly and fast enough to lose control of their vehicle are yes, quite typically bad and dumb people making bad decisions.

There is nothing irrelevant about it at all. If you’re going to drink, don’t drive. There are so many responsible and cheap alternatives. There’s literally no excuse. Sherman’s situation quite clearly goes deeper and as some one else had said, his mental health is not his fault but it’s certainly part of his responsibility. 

2 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Really? That’s the one you want to ban me for? Every thread about a player having legal problems is littered with “I hope they throw the book at the idiot”. I’ve even seen several threads about guys dying in car accidents with comments “natural selection.” But this guy who’s been treating people like **** for as long as we’ve known who he is is the one everyone is sensitive about. M’kay

You could be upset at Sherman all you want and want him to get the maximum punishment...But that's not what you posted. You made a stupid prejudice remark that was unnecessary. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Life is not that black and white.  Drinking and driving isn't a smart choice to make, and it can have deadly consequences.  But it, like any other mistake that people sometimes make, doesn't define you.  

Agreed one bad mistake shouldn’t  define who you are and negate all the good you do. But that’s the world we live in. Do 10 good things, and 1 mistake, and the mistake is what you’re judged on as a good or bad person.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You could be upset at Sherman all you want and want him to the maximum punishment...But that's not what you posted. You made a stupid prejudice remark that was unnecessary. 

I don’t care if he gets punished at all. I don’t even know what he allegedly did.  

Calling it prejudice is just childish. It was tongue in cheek because I flat out don’t believe the gang rejection story. It sounds like some stupid Disney ****. And he’s been getting a pass for being jerk his whole career because he went Stanford. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Agreed one bad mistake shouldn’t  define who you are and negate all the good you do. But that’s the world we live in. Do 10 good things, and 1 mistake, and the mistake is what you’re judged on as a good or bad person.

Yeah well sometimes that one mistake changes things forever for innocent people and their families. So just because Sherman in this case got lucky that didn’t happened doesn’t mean he shouldn’t  be judged for it.