FA CB Richard Sherman booked for Burglary Domestic Violence

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This was super depressing and sad to listen to. Hope Uncle Sherm gets the help he needs. 

That dispatcher was not helpful at all and wasn’t making the situation any better.

Edited by Blackstar12
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

That dispatcher was not helpful at all and wasn’t making the situation any better.

She was such a B and rude the entire time. Aren't the dispatchers jobs to calm the caller down? She did the opposite of that. 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

She was such a B and rude the entire time. Aren't the dispatchers jobs to calm the caller down? She did the opposite of that. 

Seems like whenever I hear dispatchers they come off as complete dimwits.

To be fair, a lot of people call with trivial nonsense I heard. Still, doesn't excuse dispatchers being unprofessional with a bruised ego and/or just lacking common sense. 

• Like 2

BTW, I know CTE is a new age buzzword as of a decade back, but I hope nothing is wrong with Sherman like a lot of other players in regards to their mental health. Vincent Jackson just died a few months ago after seemingly strange behavior. Also others have gone down the same path eventually taking their own lives. Hopefully, this gets figured out for Sherm. 

• Like 3

WTH with this dispatcher... what does his Bday matter? I get she was trying to assess the situation before sending in officers but his Bday??

Troopers with the Washington State Patrol responded because he was suspected of crashing his vehicle into a highway cement barrier and fleeing from the scene before arriving at the residence, police said. Sherman allegedly drove away with popped tires before abandoning the vehicle in a nearby parking lot.

About 20 minutes before 911 was called to the residence of Sherman's wife's parents, Sherman is suspected of driving his damaged vehicle into a closed construction zone on a highway, said Capt. Ron Mead with the Washington State Patrol.

"We are very fortunate," Mead said. "These crews are out working at night at great risks to themselves. Here you have an impaired driver, suspected impaired driver, that not only placed other motorists at risk, he placed those people that are doing construction at risk by entering a closed construction zone. We are very fortunate that there were no injuries as a result of that."

Lowe said Sherman is suspected of walking away from the heavily damaged vehicle to the Redmond residence where his wife's parents live.

NFL star Richard Sherman arrested on domestic violence charge (msn.com)

Sounds to me like some drunken stupor

Sherman did not hurt anyone (or himself) because he was stopped by police. (as far as we know at this time)

If they had to take him down with a dog then its because he was out of control. (not sure on those details being verified)

Denial of bail for a rich person who can afford good lawyers is not a casual thing done over minor issues.

He did not kill anyone on the road because people got lucky and he hit a wall instead of a family of six or three construction workers (this luck is a fact of all drunk drivers that don't kill people)

• Drunk driving
  • Hit and run / fleeing the scene
  • Destruction of public property
  • Domestic Violence (stalking your wife at her parent's house is absolutely domestic violence)

There is nothing minor about this.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

BTW, I know CTE is a new age buzzword as of a decade back, but I hope nothing is wrong with Sherman like a lot of other players in regards to their mental health. Vincent Jackson just died a few months ago after seemingly strange behavior. Also others have gone down the same path eventually taking their own lives. Hopefully, this gets figured out for Sherm. 

In both those instances alcohol seems like a much more likely answer. Sherman for this particular instance and Jackson with years of alcoholism. I don't know if there has been studies on if CTE makes you more likely to suffer from addictions but that could be possible. 

That 911 call was brutal to here. Hopefully it can be his rock bottom and he starts back in the right direction. The more details are released the better it appears from the initial reporting but still a very serious matter. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Leoric said:

Washington is one of those states that is no bail for domestic violence. You will appear before a judge before being allowed to post bail. 

Shows how wacked out the system can be, compare their alleged crimes and then realize Sherman can't even post bail- but Barkevious Mingo was bonded out on 25K. 

4 hours ago, iknowcool said:
Sounds like he just got really drunk and had quite the night.  Not saying that makes his actions okay, but I've never gotten the impression he was some bad guy.

How many good guys do you know get drunk and drive?

Inexcusable for Sherman. Hopefully this is the right wakeup call for him to never recklessly endanger the lives of others when he can easily afford a ride to whereever he wishes to go.

• Like 3