Texas / OU talking to SEC?

Texansfan713

32 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

If it's OU versus Mizzou, is it really SEC or is it just Big XII with a hat on tbh?

I was hoping that the SEC just would continue to poach as many teams with the nickname "Tigers" as possible, starting with Clemson. From there, Memphis makes sense geographically, and I'm sure that their fans would embrace getting their brains bashed in while they continued to chant "SEC! SEC! SEC!" at every other opposing fanbase with their chests puffed out as though they were part of the reason that Alabama was successful against whoever they were playing against in a non conference matchup.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I was hoping that the SEC just would continue to poach as many teams with the nickname "Tigers" as possible, starting with Clemson. From there, Memphis makes sense geographically, and I'm sure that their fans would embrace getting their brains bashed in while they continued to chant "SEC! SEC! SEC!" at every other opposing fanbase with their chests puffed out as though they were part of the reason that Alabama was successful against whoever they were playing against in a non conference matchup.

Then we can have the “Tigers” and “Not Tigers” divisions. Since Crimson Tide and Volunteers are ambiguous, we can flip a coin there.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:
31 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Then we can have the “Tigers” and “Not Tigers” divisions. Since Crimson Tide and Volunteers are ambiguous, we can flip a coin there.

Without question the most logical realignment plan ever proposed on this website.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Without question the most logical realignment plan ever proposed on this website.

Princeton would be a legit add….vandy may not like being the biggest dork in the room though.

Grambling state and Jackson state would be nice tiger pups as well.

an 8 tiger conference may be the best thing ever assembled on a sports field

4 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Princeton would be a legit add….vandy may not like being the biggest dork in the room though.

Grambling state and Jackson state would be nice tiger pups as well.

an 8 tiger conference may be the best thing ever assembled on a sports field

I think any one of them would make a worthy replacement for Auburn.

7 hours ago, Kiltman said:

The remaining PAC 12 teams get can either join the Big 12 to bouy them back up, or raise the profile of the Mountain West along with the remains of the Big 12. I can make a graphic later for it because I’m genuinely curious what one or two conferences could look like from all those.

I guess this would be the outcome?

y1YiTuv.jpg

• Like 1

ESPN owns the rights to the CFP.

ESPN has major money vested in the SEC.

ESPN wants that market from Fox, and more importantly expand their monopoly with Disney.

It’s been transparent for a while now what they’ve been doing, and it didn’t take Texas/OU to see that, but people are finally seeing the fallout now.

• Like 3

It also takes OU from the fox viewership that the B12 has, and throws them into ESPN exclusivity…leaving the B12 on fox to showcase……Kansas State vs Oklahoma state as their ‘game of the week’…

texas also (but half there games are already on ESPN, since they are back…and have their own Uber-successful network)

I am absolutely blindsided that ESPN would be pulling strings like this to weaken their direct competition.

what’s next?  Them targeting a member of a strictly CBSsportsnwtwork conference? The MAC and Mtn West better be on the lookout

• Like 1