Texas / OU talking to SEC?

Texansfan713

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

You’re absolutely right.

I think Kansas ends up in the Big 10 due to money and fit. 

Fit with what? Rutgers and Nebraska?

I'm fully aware that money plays a major part, but I'm tired of schools joining this conference with embarrassingly bad football programs. Take that ish to the ACC

21 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I'm fully aware that money plays a major part, but I'm tired of schools joining this conference with embarrassingly bad football programs. Take that ish to the ACC

All of the school in the Big Ten are AAU schools (except for Nebraska which was at the time of its admittance). That's the number one criteria the Big Ten would be looking for when adding members IMO. 

5 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Academics + money

Also, keep in mind as I said, Kansas brings in somewhere around 120+ mil a year because of basketball.

https://www.collegefactual.com/colleges/university-of-kansas/student-life/sports/

Iowa State will get offered too:

https://www.aau.edu/who-we-are/our-members

14 hours ago, candyman93 said:
17 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Both the P12 and Big 10 should be going hard for Kansas for their basketball program.  

You’re absolutely right.

No. No no no no no no no.

We already shirked on academics with Nebraska and it got us nowhere. Kansas can go to the basketball version of the SEC.

16 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

But they’re an AAU school

https://www.aau.edu/who-we-are/our-members

I'd be interested in a few PAC12 (Cal, UCLA, Stanford) or ACC (UNC, Duke, UVA) schools, and that's it. Texas would have been fine if they wouldn't mandate OU coming with them.

Otherwise, pass.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

Didn't read the whole thread, but there are logistical problems going forward

Surely Big 12 and Pac 12 will have to consolidate. It wouldn't shock me to see a couple ACC try to go to SEC and the rest consolidated with B1G as conferences try to compete with SEC

But there are going to be formerly elite programs that wallow in mediocrity because of the level of competition in the SEC. you can have 2 elite teams in Big 12, and 3-4 elite teams in SEC. But when you combine them, by definition you will not be able to have 5-6 teams remain elite forever in the SEC. An Auburn or a Texas are going to become a Tennessee or Ole Miss and just be overwhelmed by the conference

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The funniest part about that is watching Michigan fans pretend that isn't the SEC inviting OSU and a plus 1.

I’m not sure which is funnier to me:

Michigan looking forward to hockey season

or

Michigan being the smart and semi-good looking girl who has been bashing the stupid hot popular girls for dating the dumb jock she’s now all in on