Rodgers is back.

Pugger

4 hours ago, Green19 said:

Serious question... let’s say GB makes the playoffs and once again has a disappointing exit (any round, let’s just say nfc championship game... just for fun). And it is again because Rodgers has one of his subpar playoff performances.

Given all the drama and the team clearly pushing more and more money to make this all work for Rodgers and this year run.

What will be the opinion of Rodgers? More so if he has another exit press conference where he is once again mad at the front office.

Don't you love him as he's walking out the door....

• Like 3

4 hours ago, gopackgo972 said:

Legacy wise? He would be 1-5 in NFC Championship Games. Yeah he’s a 3 time MVP but only 1 SB win and a terrible record in NFCCG would tarnish his legacy a bit.  He would go down as the most talented QB to accomplish the least. Now not all of the losses are on him, some are but some aren’t. But when we look back in 10 years, most will just see that 1-5 record. 

Rather harsh don't you think?....Jim Kelly went to four straight SB's and has not win one from any of of them....Dan Marino had a long run being called the best QB and he has no rings...Person can go on and on with similar underachievement by those having rather lofty opinions made about them.....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

From the "I'm not going to tell him, you tell him" file.

Kliff Kingsbury says Kyler Murray has earned the right to have input on personnel decisions"  😳😬

And this is the issue... define the line between who gets to have that say. Some desperate team is going to give this power to some marginal great QB.

Just look at QB contracts... in the future teams like the Vikings will hand out power like this to guys that don’t really deserve it. But to secure their guy they will ala Kirk Cousins contract.

Edited by Green19

1 hour ago, Refugee said:

That and 10+ year veterans can only bring back a 5th maximum. Bulaga had a fairly big ticket contract but did not comp us much. Linsley or Adams as 8th year players at the top of their position are what win you those high comp picks. 

Bulaga was only a 9 year vet when he left for San Diego. 

4 hours ago, gopackgo972 said:

Legacy wise? He would be 1-5 in NFC Championship Games. Yeah he’s a 3 time MVP but only 1 SB win and a terrible record in NFCCG would tarnish his legacy a bit.  He would go down as the most talented QB to accomplish the least. Now not all of the losses are on him, some are but some aren’t. But when we look back in 10 years, most will just see that 1-5 record. 

Legacy wise ?

Multiple MVP,  led us to a super bowl,  pretty much carried the team for most of his career.  His legacy will be an incredible QB , with an incredible ego.  One of the few players in the NFL to automatically turn a team into a contender.

If he didn't have a ring, you would have a point but he does so you don't. The bit in bold is nonsense.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Bulaga was only a 9 year vet when he left for San Diego. 

He had 10 years with the Pack before going to the LAC.  I now see there might be a 10 year vet rule with an exception for QB, so that adds to the Byzantine nature of the compensatory system. Either way, it won’t apply to Rodgers with this current contract not getting played out til the end here in GB. 

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

Kliff Kingsbury says Kyler Murray has earned the right to have input on personnel decisions"  😳😬

Woof. We don't even know if Murray is good yet. 

6 hours ago, Refugee said:

He had 10 years with the Pack before going to the LAC.  I now see there might be a 10 year vet rule with an exception for QB, so that adds to the Byzantine nature of the compensatory system. Either way, it won’t apply to Rodgers with this current contract not getting played out til the end here in GB. 

Yep, that's the Alan Faneca rule. 10-year vested veterans don't count against the comp pick formula.

Edited by VonKarman

11 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Bak having a custom golf cart waiting for Rodgers at camp makes me think guys like Bak knew he was coming back the whole time.

I think about when he was on Pat McAfee and he said “when Aaron comes to camp” not “if” and thought “Bak has the worst poker face I’ve ever seen”

13 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

This is why Kingsbury will likely get fired this year when the overhyped Cardinals flop and finish 4th in the NFC west. He hasn't earned squat yet. 

42 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

This is why Kingsbury will likely get fired this year when the overhyped Cardinals flop and finish 4th in the NFC west. He hasn't earned squat yet. 

The earned thing is the issue ..

If you have a QB who is expected to be the future of the franchise then it does makes sense to ask his opinion on receivers. Ultimately these guys throw to the receivers so there's no point signing a guy who isn't the style of receiver that the QB wants to throw to.

Its not a case of earned. It just makes sense to have a chat. Same with Rodgers, it made sense to chat with him about receivers being signed and cut to get his thoughts as long as the GM made the right decisions. Rodgers would probably be a very poor GM so you don't want him to have any 'say' as such but you should listen to him.  If that's all Rodgers wanted then that's fair enough.