Rodgers is back.

Pugger

38 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

My experience pre-GB with Jared Cook was "he's a guy you love for 3 games a year and hate for the other 13." 

Maybe the coaches feel the same? 

Pretty sure we all loved him this game! 

See the source image

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Um...Rodgers couldn't stop talking about Jimmy Graham in the months leading up to the 2018 season. He absolutely wanted him and was thrilled about him.

but he didn't have anything to do with the signing, and he clearly didn't like actually playing with him, or at least wasn't willing to use him at things he was actually good at.

QBs pandering to other players resulting in absolutely nothing is the norm, that's the status quo and it happens all around the league.  QBs demanding Randall Cobb come back is the weird thing.  And it seems like the first time it's happened based on what we've heard from Rodgers and Gute.

also, can we agree that what Rodgers said is that kumerow was the 2nd best receiver in camp.  Meaning he knew his assignments and did them correctly in Camp, and demonstrated that he was a competent player.

I think he expected Kumerow to be the 5th/6th guy.  Not for him to be a realistic option.  But then again, maybe he saw how mediocre players like Geronimo Allison kept ending up as his secondary options, and actually thought Kumerow would follow a similar path?

6 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

also, can we agree that what Rodgers said is that kumerow was the 2nd best receiver in camp.  Meaning he knew his assignments and did them correctly in Camp, and demonstrated that he was a competent player.

I think he expected Kumerow to be the 5th/6th guy.  Not for him to be a realistic option.  But then again, maybe he saw how mediocre players like Geronimo Allison kept ending up as his secondary options, and actually thought Kumerow would follow a similar path?

Oh I know what AR meant and I'm sure that's why he wanted him around. Just being assignment sure and a good guy for the others to watch in terms of those qualities. It's more the random fans out there that got way too high on him that bothered me.

8 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

the defense should perform top 5 this year and rodgers can coast to a superb owl and he will probably claim the credit.

except we would know that the thing that was different this year was the defense led by joe berry. 

The talent is there ... really hope Berry can do his job putting the right players in their best playing positions.

10 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

the defense should perform top 5 this year and rodgers can coast to a superb owl and he will probably claim the credit.

except we would know that the thing that was different this year was the defense led by joe berry. 

2 hours ago, coachbuns said:

The talent is there ... really hope Berry can do his job putting the right players in their best playing positions.

K.  So.  This is my hope for this year.  Amos was pretty neutral regarding Rodgers.  Amos never really had a QB when he was in Chicago.  I want Amos to take the leadership role on defense and challenge that defense to go out and win games on their own.  Forget about the QB.  We have the talent to do that.  We just need that kind of attitude.  

Question for the Group:

Let's just say the Packers and Rodgers mend their fences and the relationship is good after the 2021 season.  Rodgers can ask for a trade if he wants, things are going good between the two sides, and Love could use another year of seasoning.

The problem arises with Adams.  If the Packers cant sign/afford Adams, does Rodgers want to stay? 

Edited by NFLGURU

7 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Question for the Group:

Let's just say the Packers and Rodgers mend their fences and the relationship is good after the 2021 season.  Rodgers can ask for a trade if he wants, things are going good between the two sides, and Love could use another year of seasoning.

The problem arises with Adams.  If the Packers cant sign/afford Adams, does Rodgers want to stay? 

Are you saying Rodgers staying would be contigent on Adams being re-signed?

1.  GB would need to find the cap space for Adams

2.  If Rodgers is not traded and no extension is done,  GB would need to be good with Rodgers leaving via FA after 2022 and getting a ( likely) 3rd round comp pick value in 2024

24 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Are you saying Rodgers staying would be contigent on Adams being re-signed?

1.  GB would need to find the cap space for Adams

2.  If Rodgers is not traded and no extension is done,  GB would need to be good with Rodgers leaving via FA after 2022 and getting a ( likely) 3rd round comp pick value in 2024

Don't know, just wondering if the 2 have a bearing on each other.  I think if Rodgers stays they would have to redo his contract?

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

Question for the Group:

If you take Rodgers at face value.

In this scenario, you sit down with him and explain the situation and the figures and so on. Make him part of the discussion and be open to suggestions. It may come down to - we keep Adams and Rodgers but there would need to be serious cuts elsewhere. Not just trimming the fat. But serious cuts involving key starters. 

He claims that's all he wants to be part of the discussions.  If you take him at his word then he should want to stay even if Adams leaves if you do that. 

It does look like we  may have burned cap bridges with Rodgers now  - even if everything is OK with him, going to be tricky to make numbers work.  

On 8/6/2021 at 7:44 PM, mikemike778 said:

If you take Rodgers at face value.

In this scenario, you sit down with him and explain the situation and the figures and so on. Make him part of the discussion and be open to suggestions. It may come down to - we keep Adams and Rodgers but there would need to be serious cuts elsewhere. Not just trimming the fat. But serious cuts involving key starters. 

He claims that's all he wants to be part of the discussions.  If you take him at his word then he should want to stay even if Adams leaves if you do that. 

It does look like we  may have burned cap bridges with Rodgers now  - even if everything is OK with him, going to be tricky to make numbers work.  

It would mean Rodgers playing for a 'Brady like" deal to be able to keep the team around him he wants. Will he acknowledge that and be willing to do it? Doubtful! 

Jordan Love 2022 or B4! 

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

It would mean Rodgers playing for a 'Brady like" deal to be able to keep the team around him he wants. Will he acknowledge that and be willing to do it? Doubtful! Jordan Love 2022 or B4! 

Heard an interesting thing today......

I've not watched any of Love's college stuff and obviously havent seen any NFL action yet either - so - today on a Nagler podcast he compared Love to AR (and by extension) to Favre in terms of passing style and he commented that Love lacks their fastball. His passes (too date) dont bring the heat the way both AR and Favre were capable.

Now - he didnt comment on why that is - but (in my mind at least....) it could be that at this juncture Love's still not confident enough to truly wing it. Perhaps that will come later.....dont know/cant say....or.....perhaps it wont.