Rodgers is back.

Pugger

7 hours ago, Leader said:

I've not watched any of Love's college stuff and obviously havent seen any NFL action yet either - so - today on a Nagler podcast he compared Love to AR (and by extension) to Favre in terms of passing style and he commented that Love lacks their fastball. His passes (too date) dont bring the heat the way both AR and Favre were capable.

If I recall correctly, Rodgers was not known for an especially strong arm in college. It was as a backup to Favre his arm strength increased significantly...............maybe in part that is due to steadily losing the Tedford high-ball stance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

If I recall correctly, Rodgers was not known for an especially strong arm in college. It was as a backup to Favre his arm strength increased significantly...............maybe in part that is due to steadily losing the Tedford high-ball stance.

And let's be real, Rodgers doesn't have that Brett Favre, Kyle Boller, John Elway, Jeff George level arm either.  He is just a tick below, which is fine.  

44 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

And let's be real, Rodgers doesn't have that Brett Favre, Kyle Boller, John Elway, Jeff George level arm either.  He is just a tick below, which is fine.  

I've always viewed Rodgers as capable of using his arm that way if he wanted. To use an analogy, he seems like he throws an effortless 99mph fastball, while those guys throw effortful 101mph fastballs. I agree he doesn't showcase it, but his arm has always been so smooth and quick and still high velocity.

22 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I've always viewed Rodgers as capable of using his arm that way if he wanted. To use an analogy, he seems like he throws an effortless 99mph fastball, while those guys throw effortful 101mph fastballs. I agree he doesn't showcase it, but his arm has always been so smooth and quick and still high velocity.

I'd never really thought of Rodgers as a "fastball" thrower.  But he has elite arm strength.  Look at the Lions Hail Mary.  It is there.  He just doesn't use his arm that way all that often.  And let's not kid ourselves, he ain't throwing into windows like Favre routinely did.  Favre relied heavily on that arm strength.

From the little I've seen of Love, he has all the arm you need and then some.  That is a pro arm, no doubt.  The ball really rockets effortlessly out of his hand.  I am really excited to see what he can do on the field.  Especially as an athlete.  Rodgers has lost some wheels, and it will be interesting to see how Love moves compared to Aaron.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

THROWBACK

On 7/27/2021 at 4:13 PM, packfanfb said:

It is pretty much as simple as this. 

How the hell does 300lb monster Mark Tauscher, now in his mid 40s, STILL look like a 12 year old? 

With Favre to Rodgers stealing the show, it's easy to forget how lucky we were to go from him and clifton straight to bakh and bulaga (barring a pretty awful 2012 of Newhouse and co at LT). 

2 minutes ago, Billy86 said:

How the hell does 300lb monster Mark Tauscher, now in his mid 40s, STILL look like a 12 year old? 

With Favre to Rodgers stealing the show, it's easy to forget how lucky we were to go from him and clifton straight to bakh and bulaga (barring a pretty awful 2012 of Newhouse and co at LT). 

Not bad work by our GM's with those positions. Three most important positions on offense. 

For those of us who watched the Pacers play in the 70's and 80's it's amazing. We had no quarterback and we couldn't block anybody. I don't know if we had a pro-bowl offensive lineman during those decades. We probably did but they were of so few and far between. 

16 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

You're largely right. However, Gale Gillingham made 5 Pro Bowls and was All-Pro twice. Larry McCarren made 2 Pro Bowls. 

Gillingham played in the 60's as well as the 70's. He was a six time all-pro too. Should be in the HOF honestly. 

4 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Not bad work by our GM's with those positions. Three most important positions on offense. 

For those of us who watched the Pacers play in the 70's and 80's it's amazing. We had no quarterback and we couldn't block anybody. I don't know if we had a pro-bowl offensive lineman during those decades. We probably did but they were of so few and far between. 

I'm from Ireland and only got into the sport in my teens when a friend from my rugby team gave me a lend of Madden 2002. It's got a decent following here since, but at the time nobody could name more than 3 or 4 teams and players, and only through media at that (Ace Ventura and Simpsons SB episode, I'm looking at you!). 

I didn't really like Green Bay in the game - they lacked explosive players to get my attention and Favre had this weird, derpy picture... again, teenager. Mind you, being Irish the team colours did appeal. 

Thanks to a monumental infrastructural feck up, Ireland didn't have domestic broadband until about 2005 so I didn't get to see anything until week 1 of the 2002 season. 

You couldn't ask for a more mind-blowing introduction to the actual sport itself (and knowing most of the rules off the bat after months of sheer befuddlement with Madden penalties). Favre, Ahman Green and Vick all blew my absolute mind that day, along with 10 minutes of OT, a 71pt game and the fact there was literally a player called KGB (again, teenager). 

I was an instant Packers fan. 

• Like 2

Here's the deal on Aaron Rodgers contract per Peter King:

Rodgers can request a trade after the 2021 season.

He cannot demand a trade to a certain team.  If he requests a trade it can be to any team the Packers choose.

If he stays for the 2022 season he becomes a FA after the 2022 season, he will not be released, he becomes a FA, free to go to any team and Pack will get a comp pick.

As expected, I think the Packers will explore trading him after this year.  It depends on Loves progress, but it comes down to a possible trade haul in 2022 or a comp pick in 2023.

Edited by NFLGURU

On 8/14/2021 at 4:33 PM, Old Guy said:

Gale Gillingham and Greg Koch....

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan

7 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

As expected, I think the Packers will explore trading him after this year.  It depends on Loves progress, but it comes down to a possible trade haul in 2022 or a comp pick in 2023.

There's really only two real possibilities with Rodgers.  Either they trade him for a large haul after the upcoming season or they negotiate a new deal and jettison Jordan Love for whatever they can get.