return of cobb

FinneasGage

5 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

It is pretty clear why we are trading for him. I don't think there's a way eh isnt on the 53.

Just hope he deserves it. There's just a lot of congestion in the WR position that I'm not sure he stands out from any longer. Would suck to see someone more deserving lose a job just because Cobb is friends with QB1.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Eff it.  I'm sure Jordy is recovered fully from his knee injury.  Working in the farm has kept him in shape.  Let's put the band back together for a Reunion Tour.

And James Jones looks like he's still in shape .. drag him out of the NFL Channel studios.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Just hope he deserves it. There's just a lot of congestion in the WR position that I'm not sure he stands out from any longer. Would suck to see someone more deserving lose a job just because Cobb is friends with QB1.

I always like Cobb. He was a pure "hands catcher" and clutch. He got us some seriously needed first downs.
The ***** about him around here was he wasnt equal to or earning his contract - which given injury and production was a discussion that could take place.
Agree - hope he doesnt displace someone with more long term upside - but mostly - I'm hoping his contract agreement is painless and he's nothing but potential upside.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

I always like Cobb. He was a pure "hands catcher" and clutch. He got us some seriously needed first downs.
The ***** about him around here was he wasnt equal to or earning his contract - which given injury and production was a discussion that could take place.
Agree - hope he doesnt displace someone with more long term upside - but mostly - I'm hoping his contract agreement is painless and he's nothing but potential upside.

in a vacuum, we are a better team with Cobb than without him (probably)

but it all depends on that contract

I'm assuming we are, at worst, losing out on like a 7th round pick value and, at best, will GAIN draft compensation from Houston for taking him off their books

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

in a vacuum, we are a better team with Cobb than without him (probably)

but it all depends on that contract

I'm assuming we are, at worst, losing out on like a 7th round pick value and, at best, will GAIN draft compensation from Houston for taking him off their books

That would be nice. I'd not considered that  👍