Around the League 2022

Bobby816

5 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Curious. What do you think it would take to swing a trade for Quinnen Williams to the Ravens?

And best guess, do you think your price tag would be different than the FO's?

I for starters think there's 0% chance we'd trade him. He's young and talented. And this regime loves building in the trenches.

Because we'd never trade him... we'd ask for more than what we got for Adams. Which was 2 1sts a 3rd and a starting defender. So the starting price would be more than that. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Don’t see any reason why he would sign here and I can’t see the Jets being very interested 

Ya he's gonna go to a contender. Same with Smith. But we should be making good offers to both if JD is smart.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya he's gonna go to a contender. Same with Smith. But we should be making good offers to both if JD is smart.

I like our corners and LB group and see no reason to take away snaps from guys playing hard (and well) for a 1-3 team. We aren't in a win now position.

1 minute ago, NJerseypaint said:

I like our corners and LB group and see no reason to take away snaps from guys playing hard (and well) for a 1-3 team. We aren't in a win now position.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. But we for sure could use a shutdown corner and Gilmore is that. Issue with him is his age. He's 31, so he wouldn't be part of us long term. But he'd be great for these young CBs to learn from and help us out.

I don't see us signing him bc he will go to a win now team.

Smith though is different. Mosley is our only proven guy right now. Quincy had a good game. But you surely don't not add talent at LB bc of 1 good game from him. And we quite frankly don't know how good Davis will be. And regardless he's only on a 1 year deal. So adding a talented high character LB could help. He's also only 26, so he'd be a long term answer for several years.

We might at least have a chance of signing him. 

9 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Curious. What do you think it would take to swing a trade for Quinnen Williams to the Ravens?

And best guess, do you think your price tag would be different than the FO's?

Why would we trade one of our best young players? Only reason Jamal Adams was traded was because he was a cancer and wanted out. Q is a good guy who has made no hints of wanting off the Jets, he seems to just be focusing on being the best player he can be. This defense is built to have a strong DL, so having a DT who can stuff the run and rush the QB is important. 

• Like 1

Gilmore is 31 years old, wants $15 mil per year. Let another team sign him. We are rebuilding not contending mode, so let the young guys play this season. Jaylon Smith I would sign cause hes 26.   We aren't winning anything this season, we are getting a good look at these young guys.  We will hopefully be active in FA.  But there are some guys we have to re-sign. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

No to both.  Why do we want a lb who just got cut because of his poor lateral speed playing basically the same defense?

Plus our CBs have been playing great and we want to add a 31 year old to the group?

I think we have different definitions of smart.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Because we'd never trade him... we'd ask for more than what we got for Adams. Which was 2 1sts a 3rd and a starting defender. So the starting price would be more than that. 

I'd still go for it TBH. Truthfully I do think Q is a lot less gettable with Saleh now in house, he'd understand that a potential Top 5 DI like that is invaluable, so it's probably my own wishes clouding my judgment. 

I guess I feel like if there is a sliver of a chance though it's because the Jets, while building up a great foundation(I love Wilson & Moore especially), are still more than a couple years away from true SB contention. So if someone is willing to offer a treasure chest of picks/players for an eventual 100 Mill contract type player who's had some injury issues- your FO might consider it.