Cam Newton Released

SBLIII

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Cam is probably the worst thrower I have ever seen that turned his career into an MVP level one. I hate watching him at QB because it seems like so much wasted potential. 

That said - sign him immediately as our back up and get him on the last episode of Hard Knocks ASAP. 

Am I missing something? I think Dallas is not compatible because of how lethal your passing attack is. As I mentioned earlier, it took Cam 3 games to throw 150 yards during a stretch last season...:D

I mean you could use him differently of course, but I see him as a very different QB to Dak, who he'd be backing up

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Cam is a cautionary tale of including the QB in the running game.  As a rookie,  he set passing records.  He still is a physical speciman, but he endured a lot of punishment in his career.  His body just broke down.

I doubt he'll ever be a full time starter in the league.  A lot of respect how he competed on the field.

Oh yeah he's like a different player all together. If you were to watch highlights cut from college and his first couple seasons veruses highlights from 19 and 20, you'd be like 'who is this guy trying to be a crap imposter?'

I remember he'd roll out on a boot and sling the ball 50 yards with a flick of his wrist in college. Now if you watch him after a few weeks of games he has to really put everything into throws that literally go 20 yards.

He ruined his shoulder chasing after the Denver DB who took it 98 yards for a TD (watch Cam try to dive tackle by his own end zone) then TJ Watt obliterated his shoulder as well. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Am I missing something? I think Dallas is not compatible because of how lethal your passing attack is. As I mentioned earlier, it took Cam 3 games to throw 150 yards during a stretch last season...:D

I mean you could use him differently of course, but I see him as a very different QB to Dak, who he'd be backing up

We have no back ups and Cam would be fun on hard knocks?

I thought Cam was a bad teammate for most of his career. He’s been nothing but a professional and one of the best, most supportive guys since he’s been in NE. Maybe he changed, maybe he was always that way, but the guy’s been great in the locker room from what I’ve seen. 

His attitude isn’t a factor here.

2 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Feels like the people blaming Cams attitude are letting their opinion colour their interpretation. BB raved about Cam all year, and takes care of his veterans. Far more likely a “give the vet a shot to play somewhere else, rather than ride the bench all year” move. A mark of respect, whilst killing any QB controversy.

Agreed.  As a football player Cam was not good last year,  and has been a good soldier this offseason in a tough circumstance for any veteran - playing with a first round QB on a one year deal.

Lets be real a lot of people don't like Cam because 1) he didn't get Covid shot and/or 2) he is flashy and outgoing.

That being said I would have went with Mac from day 1 and not played out the farce.   I wouldn't have cut Cam though.

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

He's always been a diva WR playing QB.

You can say he was nice to Mac Jones as a positional rival and a teammate but to call him an ultimate professional is a massive reach.

Please point out a single diva moment with NE... I wont wait because you'll never find it. 

• Like 3