GDT Week 1 - @ Atlanta Falcons

Jroc04

10 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

so did the eagles somehow like wildly upgrade their coaching staff?

Coaches that coach? Coaches that aren't afraid to give some tough love. Coaches that don't just promote people who aren't qualified for the jobs they already have? Coaches that make adjustments?

This is a new concept to me.

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

Coaches that coach? Coaches that aren't afraid to give some tough love. Coaches that don't just promote people who aren't qualified for the jobs they already have? Coaches that make adjustments?

This is a new concept to me.

well gannon making adjustments in the first quarter was also nice.

• Like 1

Today was so dang refreshing to watch (minus the penalties, especially the presnap ones).... Players actually executing for the most part. Good play calling & solid scheme for Hurts tailored to his playing style. OLine was dominant for the most part & the DLine completely manhandled them. That was a royal butt kicking & I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. Props to Sirianni & Gannon... Was nice to see Reagor make a play also.

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Nice win. Blowing out any team at home is an impressive feat.

This. “But it’s the Falcons”… sure, but we’re the Eagles, who also only won 4 games last year and had equally low expectations. Offensive line dominated, Hurts played within his role beautifully, offense was creative, and D adjusted after rough start and proceeded to shut them down. A+ game for us. Doesn’t necessarily change my outlook, 5 game floor, 9 game ceiling, but I’m happy. Especially with rest of NFCE losing.

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

This. “But it’s the Falcons”… sure, but we’re the Eagles, who also only won 4 games last year and had equally low expectations. Offensive line dominated, Hurts played within his role beautifully, offense was creative, and D adjusted after rough start and proceeded to shut them down. A+ game for us. Doesn’t necessarily change my outlook, 5 game floor, 9 game ceiling, but I’m happy. Especially with rest of NFCE losing.

When was the last time the Eagles had a dominant win. I feel like its legit been since 2017

44 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Most complete game played by an NFCE team week 1. Against the Falcons yes, but lots of teams go into that dome in ATL and struggle. 

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

We are a "bad" team with a really good OL and DL which can win games in the NFL especially against teams like the falcons that don;t have either.