Broncos WR Jerry Jeudy out 6-8 weeks with high ankle sprain

RaidersAreOne

I'll feel a lot better when a MRI confirms it's "just" a HAS.   It looked way, way worse live and on replay.   It speaks to his freakish flexibility that he could have his ankle bend that much and not have a fracture - but a MRI can pick up smaller fractures (which if it's in the ankle joint, is a major problem).

Fingers crossed.   Jeudy looked every bit the dominant alpha WR1 we envisioned when he was drafted - and drops & a terrible QB notwithstanding in 2020, everything on tape said he has the goods to be elite.   Hopefully this is just a HAS and a complete recovery occurs.  The sky's the limit here.

If this is true then I feel for him.

As someone who has dealt with a high ankle sprain for ~30 years I can confirm they are tough to deal with and a long-lasting effect. Maybe technology has changed, but I remember the doc telling me word for word "you would've been better off breaking it" and I never forgot it, and he was right. The effects are sporadic....sometimes I can go days with no effects and then all of a sudden I'm getting woke up in the middle of the night with severe pain and can't even walk on it. Again, this happened was 30 years ago.