Week 2: Lions on MNF

FAH1223

MNF vs DET in home opener after getting embarassed in week 1. DET has Goff and banged up secondary and a DL our OL should be able to handle much easier than NO's. I can't even name one of their WRs and the RB is the guy we let walk.

If we don't win by a minimum of 10, I'm truly cashing in on the season. If we curb-stomp them, I'll hold out a little hope we can win more than 8 games.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Refugee said:

So, this week make Goff beat us?  I like the odds more with him not being able to bail out drives with his legs. We need that to stop immediately with this defense. I’ve seen that movie before. 

I think DET at home will be just what the doctor ordered. Don’t know if it will prove much but I hope we come out with renewed focus and start getting in gear because this schedule won’t allow much coasting. 

The Packer defense is notorious for making superstars out of anyone. Even if they manage to beat Detroit, it's a mirage.

On 9/14/2021 at 4:50 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

If our QB isn't a little ***** scared to get hit, we don't turn it over either. Between that drive and the play action sack, Rodgers killed two drives because he's soft. 

Can't ******* happen. Get hit, it's part of playing football, you'll get a flag half the time anyway. 

Hahaha bit extreme even from you. Most QBs don’t like getting hit.
How did that guy from KC play in the owl with a bad line in front of him? What was our run blocking like? 
From time to time it would be great if you could look at this team without slanting everything to hate on AR. I’m no apologist for him but the line played like poo. 

2 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

How did that guy from KC play in the owl with a bad line in front of him? What was our run blocking like? 
From time to time it would be great if you could look at this team without slanting everything to hate on AR. I’m no apologist for him but the line played like poo. 

Except it didn't, by every objective measure. 

Rodgers was sacked once, on a play he fully admitted to being responsible for. 

Of the people that have rewatched this game, I've been the least critical of Rodgers performance. 

22 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

the reader started to have sympathy for your point until the bolded. Then you just lost all of us.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

MNF vs DET in home opener after getting embarassed in week 1. DET has Goff and banged up secondary and a DL our OL should be able to handle much easier than NO's. I can't even name one of their WRs and the RB is the guy we let walk.

If we don't win by a minimum of 10, I'm truly cashing in on the season. If we curb-stomp them, I'll hold out a little hope we can win more than 8 games.

I foolishly picked GB to win by a rather large margin last week.  After eating crow, I’m still optimistic GB bounces back and I’m with you and think we win by 10.  If not, I’ll prolly cash in as well and make no other optimistic predictions this season.

I'll tell you guys after watching that debacle last week I have no confidence in the Packers at the moment.  They flat out sucked and were ill prepared.  It was so bad that I believe it will take awhile for them to round into form.  This game is no gimme and it won't surprise one bit if they lose.  That loss last week was no fluke.  This team has issues the only saving grace is we are in the NFC north.  They are not just going to turn it on and perform like last year.  Not in a week.  Lions are 11 pt dogs.  I'd put my money on them covering.  Game prediction Pack 27 Lions 24 in a nail biter.  4th qtr comeback to win.  We'll all be well we won but it was ugly.  Won't be feeling a whole lot better than we do now.  

18 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

I'll tell you guys after watching that debacle last week I have no confidence in the Packers at the moment.  They flat out sucked and were ill prepared.  It was so bad that I believe it will take awhile for them to round into form.  This game is no gimme and it won't surprise one bit if they lose.  That loss last week was no fluke.  This team has issues the only saving grace is we are in the NFC north.  They are not just going to turn it on and perform like last year.  Not in a week.  Lions are 11 pt dogs.  I'd put my money on them covering.  Game prediction Pack 27 Lions 24 in a nail biter.  4th qtr comeback to win.  We'll all be well we won but it was ugly.  Won't be feeling a whole lot better than we do now.  

They have played us close the past few years, even when we had the talent edge. I do believe we’ll be fired up at home and will win big, 11 is a large spread and probably not a good bet in any matchup. 

Lucas Patrick with a concussion is not good and will stress an already shakey line. 

On 9/15/2021 at 9:42 PM, incognito_man said:

the reader started to have sympathy for your point until the bolded. Then you just lost all of us.

Incog just because you think you're right all the time doesn't mean you are. Opinions are wide and varied neither you or me or AG are right. We all chose to view each and every play through our own lenses. Some folks are objective and some aren't. You and your team are very critical of AR not like most don't know this already. Some a bit less.....with that said the line did not play great. Coaching was terrible, QB was bad, Defense was bad. An objective view would indicate there was plenty of fault to go around. 

I'm always willing to listen and read on here. I just find it funny how a few posters on here are always right:) 

On 9/15/2021 at 9:23 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Except it didn't, by every objective measure. 

Rodgers was sacked once, on a play he fully admitted to being responsible for. 

Of the people that have rewatched this game, I've been the least critical of Rodgers performance. 

So should AR have suggested is Oline sucked on that play which helped put him under duress? Can't win with some if he tells the truth he gets the hate if he takes the heat on a play that had a combination of issues he still takes the heat. It's funny really. The Oline was poor really almost everyone was poor. AR included, although I put more of this on MLF. PIss poor coaching all around.