The Good, the Bad, the undefeated Raiders baby!!! Post-game chat week one.

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Cable drafted and coached JR Sweezy in Seattle and he started a ton of games for them. I'd give him and DJ Fluker a look, Fluker could be like Good for us.

Fluke's injury history is a non-starter for me. It goes back to high school. 

When he's on, he's on. I got smacked around by him a few times in high school. Also got written up a few times for throwing a football in the hallway 🙄. But yeah, his legs are beginning to give him a lot of issues.

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Kolton Miller is one of the most underrated players in the league. What keeps him out of pro bowl consideration? I know he is soft spoken, I don't remember ever hearing him talk. 

Pro bowls don’t matter IF the team has a good year/playoff run he should get all pro consideration 

10 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

He sucked for 2 1/2 quarters. If that was one of his best games, that doesn't say much for him.

We had a net of 34 yards combined on our first 4 drives and Mariota had 31 on his 1 run.  I think a lot of it had to do with not playing in the pre-season.  Thankfully they shook off the rust quickly.

2 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

He sucked for 2 1/2 quarters. If that was one of his best games, that doesn't say much for him.

I'd say the first 2 1/2 quarters were one of his worst games. Turnovers aside, he's usually pretty accurate on those intermediate routes, but the timing was WAY off on Monday. 

Most of the remaining time was typical Carr. 

The last drive and OT, aside from Snead's butter fingers and fluke deflection off of a defender's helmet, was probably one of his best performances under pressure. Take away the penalty at the goal line, we almost assuredly run in for the TD and end it there. He was getting pressured left and right in that span, and was throwing some absolute darts. 

The only throw he made that I sort of cringed at was the throw to Edwards (credit to Edwards on that one). He was throwing under pressure, on the run, and kind of laid that one up there. That was more of a necessity I guess, given he had 2 guys right on him on a crucial 3rd down. Aside from that, it was one of the best <2 min drills you'll see. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'd say the first 2 1/2 quarters were one of his worst games. Turnovers aside, he's usually pretty accurate on those intermediate routes, but the timing was WAY off on Monday. 

The last drive and OT, aside from Snead's butter fingers and fluke deflection off of a defender's helmet, was probably one of his best performances under pressure. Take away the penalty at the goal line, we almost assuredly run in for the TD and end it there. He was getting pressured left and right in that span, and was throwing some absolute darts. 

The only throw he made that I sort of cringed at was the throw to Edwards (credit to Edwards on that one). He was throwing under pressure, on the run, and kind of laid that one up there. That was more of a necessity I guess, given he had 2 guys right on him on a crucial 3rd down. Aside from that, it was one of the best <2 min drills you'll see. 

Yes to all of the above.

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Take away the penalty at the goal line, we almost assuredly run in for the TD and end it there.

You have to put the penalty on Carr though.  The Mannings and Wilson where all calling for him not to do a hard count because of the situation and our line.  They knew it and Carr did not.  He played great during that stretch though.  We have not seen him play that way since Gruden has been here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

We have not seen him play that way since Gruden has been here.

Imo, Gruden calling so many pass plays speaks volume about his trust in Carr. The interior lines matchup and Jacobs' health probably called for less runs but Gruden being this pass happy isn't just about the matchup.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Imo, Gruden calling so many pass plays speaks volume about his trust in Carr. The interior lines matchup and Jacobs' health probably called for less runs but Gruden being this pass happy isn't just about the matchup.

I think it’s going to be a another pass heavy game on Sunday as well don’t see the run game getting much traction. 

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

I agree with that. 

7 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I think it's worth mentioning Kolton Miller too. He looks like a top 10 OT to me, so fluid in his movements, doesn't overset or reach a lot, makes it seem effortless and very good getting to that second level. I for one wanted Derwin James at that pick a few years ago but fair play he's turned into a really, really good player. Had a great game considering the changes forced inside of him and he was the elder statesman of the line. 

He was very solid Monday night

14 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

that was a masterpiece from Carr.. one of his best games 

Meh honestly that game was carr in a nutshell. Plays like a scrub for half the game wakes up in the forth qt and if the score is close in the 4th then we have a chance if not it’s garbage time stats. That’s why I have him at 15th best qb cause sometimes he plays like the 30th and sometimes he plays like a top 3 qb. It’s 2016 all over again. Offense sputters defense keeps it close carr finishes. Let’s not forget how many chances the offense got from the defense. It was 10-17 in the middle of the 4th? Did he make some clutch throws hell yea. Does he deserve props hell yea but it’s not one of his greatest performances imo. 

This game reminded me of the ot kc game a few years back where we got a million goal line chances to win and we finally did.