EDGE rushers

lark25

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

More comparable than Kayvon is to him.

What I'm saying is, that if beating an elite tackle made you a great prospect, Vernon Gholston beating Jake Long 2+ times for sacks would have cemented that as mattering.

Plenty of great EDGE guys haven't produced in 1-2 random matchups throughout their college careers.

I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

What I'm saying is, that if beating an elite tackle made you a great prospect, Vernon Gholston beating Jake Long 2+ times for sacks would have cemented that as mattering.

Plenty of great EDGE guys haven't produced in 1-2 random matchups throughout their college careers.

I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying.

Oh I do. But what elite tackles has he beaten? I expect guys to beat the good ones and the bad ones. Obviously there is more to playing then position but I’d like to see some more evidence out of a top 5 edge rusher.

38 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Oh I do. But what elite tackles has he beaten? I expect guys to beat the good ones and the bad ones. Obviously there is more to playing then position but I’d like to see some more evidence out of a top 5 edge rusher.

https://www.flofootball.com/articles/6219089-nations-top-prospect-kayvon-thibodeaux-shines-at-the-opening

I put more stock in the athletic profile he's had since he's been a sophomore in HS and the success he's had 1 on 1 in drills against other top guys opposite him in the 247 recruiting ranks personally. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Abram Lucas in the Washington State game is good tape for both.  Thibs is all over that OL, but Lucas hold his own when he's got him.  IIRC, no one else on that OL had much to counter him.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2022 at 10:44 AM, nicfre2011 said:

Any updated takes on Cameron Thomas? He seemed to have alot of steam earlier in the process and now seemed to get lost in the mix behind some of the other second-tier EDGE prospects.

Bump over the Hutch vs. Thibs heated debate. 

9 minutes ago, nicfre2011 said:

Bump over the Hutch vs. Thibs heated debate. 

He has good size production and motor. Arms are under the 33” threshold but longer than Hutch still. He didn’t do any testing at the combine except bench (24 reps) Their Pro Day is next Tuesday the 22nd so hopefully shows some stuff there.

6 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

He has good size production and motor. Arms are under the 33” threshold but longer than Hutch still. He didn’t do any testing at the combine except bench (24 reps) Their Pro Day is next Tuesday the 22nd so hopefully shows some stuff there.

Thanks for the feedback. I am curious about how he does at his Pro Day..Will have to follow up on that.

Who is yall's sleeper in this class?

I'm way higher than the consensus on Bonitto, but I don't think he counts.  But Sam Williams out of Ole Miss has some good traits.  Not a finished product, but I could see him becoming a very good pass rusher very quickly.