Week 4 GDT: Raiders (3-0) vs. Chargers (2-1)

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

58 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I'm starting to get the feeling the Chargers are just a paper tiger.

Sorry.... but this honestly a ridiculous statement. They are a very talented team. They have a top 5 QB who can move with elite level arm ability. A nice set of RBs and WRs including Allen who is a possession stud seen among the top at his position. Their rookie LT is has future all-pro talent. Their defense has Bosa, an elite level pass rusher. James a former all-pro who looks back from injury. A top rookie CB in Asante Samuel Jr. 

The real question mark was how they'd fair under their new coaching staff. But they are looking promising after knocking off the Chiefs in a big game. 

Chargers are 1 last minute drive against the Cowboys away from being 3-0. 

If you're sleeping on them you may want to settle in Monday night

25 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Sorry.... but this honestly a ridiculous statement. They are a very talented team. They have a top 5 QB who can move with elite level arm ability. A nice set of RBs and WRs including Allen who is a possession stud seen among the top at his position. Their rookie LT is has future all-pro talent. Their defense has Bosa, an elite level pass rusher. James a former all-pro who looks back from injury. A top rookie CB in Asante Samuel Jr. 

The real question mark was how they'd fair under their new coaching staff. But they are looking promising after knocking off the Chiefs in a big game. 

To piggyback your point isn’t safe to say Phillip Rivers also held the team back his final few years no mobility turnovers and needless to say Anthony Lynn coaching as well. 

28 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

To piggyback your point isn’t safe to say Phillip Rivers also held the team back his final few years no mobility turnovers and needless to say Anthony Lynn coaching as well. 

Agreed. I loved Rivers (Blasphemy I know). Lynn was a terrible coach. Throw in injuries, as they dealt with a ton the last handful of seasons. 

The AFC West is going to be a scary place for awhile. Mahomes and KC are obviously going to be a problem. Herbert is a budding star and they have a ton of talent. Denver has a great defense and a ton of talent coming on as well. 

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Agreed. I loved Rivers (Blasphemy I know). Lynn was a terrible coach. Throw in injuries, as they dealt with a ton the last handful of seasons. 

The AFC West is going to be a scary place for awhile. Mahomes and KC are obviously going to be a problem. Herbert is a budding star and they have a ton of talent. Denver has a great defense and a ton of talent coming on as well. 

Best division in the NFL, and with 7 playoff spots now, I could easily see 3 teams making it. 

The NCFW is close, but I'm not sold on the long term outlook for it. Seattle seems to be slowly crumbling, San Fran cannot stay healthy (seriously, S&C coach guys?), and Arizona....idk, I'm not sold on Kingsbury and Co. yet. They seem to run hot and cold. 

Every team in the AFCW has the pieces that we've seen work in proven fashion time and time again. Good run games, good WRs, weaponry galore, and D's with playmaking ability. KC is KC. Denver really is just a QB away. LA is a solid team. And us? We went 8-8 with an all-time terrible D and were one of a few teams ever that could HONESTLY point to like 4 or 5 almost absurd plays and say "Those go out way, we end up going 11-5." It's almost mind numbing just how close we've been at times.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

And 4 turnovers away from being 1 - 2. Hey they barely beat Washington without there starting QB.