Week 4 GDT: Raiders (3-0) vs. Chargers (2-1)

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

15 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I’m so excited and pumped for this game. It will answer so many questions. Are we a legit 12-5 AFC West winning contender? Are we a 10-11 win wildcard team? Or are we just a 9-8 team that has over achieved the first 3 weeks?

Regardless, we aren’t bad. That’s for damn sure. 

Personally I think we win, my only concern is that this is the pass defense’s first true test against a passing QB. Will we allow 30+, 375+ yards passing, and get abused for a loss? Or will our pass defense and pass rush prove to the entire world watching live that they are for REAL and can play good football against a real passing QB?

I’ll be watching the defense like a hawk this game. Not concerned about the offense one bit. 

If we win this game, 12-5 and AFCW title start looking like a legit possibility. 

Our pass rush is the key to the game.  We have to consistently get after Herbert, make him uncomfortable and hurry him.  If we can do that we will win the game.

It comes down to YN and Maxx against their tackles.  We must hurry Herbert and limit the big downfield plays, if we can do that we will win as we know our O can move the ball and put up points.  

I am fascinated to see how this plays out and as you say this is our D's first true test against a top end QB. 

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

Whenever the Raiders are half way decent we get featured more. We have one of the biggest followings in the league and are a team a lot of people either wanna see win or lose. 

Oh, I get that.... I just meant they are finding any games in LA right now for primetime.

18 hours ago, Totty said:

I didn't get to make the Miami GDT.  

So I made the Los Angeles GDT in their forum.  

I just checked and there are only two posts in the Discharge GDT, you and Bay Raider.  What's up with that?  Have they no fans?  Are they nervous about the game? 

Jerry posted "74% of posters in the Chargers forum is made up of Raiders fans".  Coincidently, I did see a another news note regarding tickets sold.  It said 74% went to Raider fans.  How they know that for sure I don't know but it'll be Silver & Black at Sofi.  

2 minutes ago, opeth0500 said:

I never expected us to keep jacobs past his rookie contract. RB just isn’t worth the money anymore. 

I mean, some are worth it but Jacobs absolutely isn't. He just doesn't do anything really that special and for that reason, I don't expect a second contract w/ us.

4 minutes ago, opeth0500 said:

I never expected us to keep jacobs past his rookie contract. RB just isn’t worth the money anymore. 

Chubb accepted a below market contract on what ended up being a pretty good deal for both sides. Jacobs is going to have to be realistic to get a second contract with us (goes without saying that i dont think he should make Chubb money). if he and his agent just want to squeeze every dollar they can (and more power to him if that's what he wants), i hope the raiders thank him for his time and move on.

and not duplicate the mistake of taking a RB in the first round

Edited by Turnobili

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Chargers are damn bad on run D. Would be such a shame if Jacobs can't dress, but if he is out I suppose Barber will be getting lots of touches again.

Will be telling if the Oline can't get anything going in the run game on them regardless of the RB

50 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

I like jacobs but at this point we can't pay him a second contract top 5 to 10 rb money can we? 

No. He's not a dynamic back. Gets dinged up a good deal and his running style is going to wear him out quick. Kind of the same situation Gruden had with Cadillac Williams. Maybe they get him on team friendly deal as he's certainly not showing out like a top 5-10 back currently.

59 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

I like jacobs but at this point we can't pay him a second contract top 5 to 10 rb money can we? 

Nope. Diminished returns. Seems like we've been waiting for him to "get healthy" since his rookie year. Commendable for him to play at less than 100%, but what IS 100% for him now? 

3 hours ago, S&B Bleeder said:

I just checked and there are only two posts in the Discharge GDT, you and Bay Raider.  What's up with that?  Have they no fans?  Are they nervous about the game? 

Jerry posted "74% of posters in the Chargers forum is made up of Raiders fans".  Coincidently, I did see a another news note regarding tickets sold.  It said 74% went to Raider fans.  How they know that for sure I don't know but it'll be Silver & Black at Sofi.  

Going back to 2006 when I joined it’s always had low engagement  if not the lowest their fans usually just hang out in the NFL general. They do have one fan I know of that’s going back and forth with @NYRaider