Week 4 GDT: Raiders (3-0) vs. Chargers (2-1)

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Both made out of the pocket on the run after being pressured. I'd say the defense played some role in them. 

Ugh. He had time on both plays. One was a hot dog throw and the other was a toss up. Defense can get credit for catching then I guess but those picks was on mahommes for sure. 

15 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Once the old guard moves on (Rodgers, Brady), Mahomes, Herbert, Allen are the class of QB in this league. Those would be my top 5 right now. 

It's funny that you don't have Carr on that list.

My list will be Wilson, Allen, Mahomes, Carr, Dax and Herbert. 

Any concern here that Bradley's defense is going up against his former team? Kennan Allen made comments regarding knowing the calls and what they want to do, etc. There is going to be a game within the game so to speak this week to watch. Curious if Gus changes somethings up or simply tries to out execute them.

3 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

It's funny that you don't have Carr on that list.

My list will be Wilson, Allen, Mahomes, Carr, Dax and Herbert. 

I've been a Carr guy since day 1. But he has to show 1) he can be consistent week to week 2) he can win in Nov/Dec 3) he can lead the team to the playoffs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I've been a Carr guy since day 1. But he has to show 1) he can be consistent week to week 2) he can win in Nov/Dec 3) he can lead the team to the playoffs. 

Technically, he’s already led the team to the playoffs, he just broke his leg in the last regular season game. For me, the question was always about his supporting cast, never about whether he could actually take us to the next level.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Any concern here that Bradley's defense is going up against his former team? Kennan Allen made comments regarding knowing the calls and what they want to do, etc. There is going to be a game within the game so to speak this week to watch. Curious if Gus changes somethings up or simply tries to out execute them.

Just like SBXXXVII when Gruden knew what plays the Raiders were going to run. Also didn't help the center went to TJ the night before the game to see a donkey show.

One thing I'm hoping helps is Bradley clearly knows Herbert's weaknesses facing him in practice all of last year. Sure, Herbert isn't a rookie anymore, but I'm sure some of those things are still there. Bradley truly has been a blessing so far. I was meh on the hiring at first but his success against Mahomes and Lamar says everything. And hopefully Herbert soon. 

On 10/2/2021 at 6:13 AM, big_palooka said:

Lmao I'll take this over Paul Guenther. If the Chargers can't block Ngakoue/Crosby and our interior pass rush, it won't matter if they know some of the calls.