Week 4 GDT - Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd be surprised if Jimmy doesn't really push to play this week. You don't want to give Trey any semblance of a window to take your job. He may push to play and hopefully it doesn't look like the Miami game last year

But we already know he does not look good when he is nicked up. If you re-watch the game at any point, look at how much more he tries to throw flat footed and use all upper body. He was lucky there wasn't another INT or two to be honest. I don't think he will be good if he gives it a go this week...Lance needs to start.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I'd be surprised if Jimmy doesn't really push to play this week. You don't want to give Trey any semblance of a window to take your job. He may push to play and hopefully it doesn't look like the Miami game last year

Kyle is gonna Mullens the heck out of whatever value Jimmy has left, and we’re going to have to Osweiler him with draft picks that we don’t have to get that contract off the books. 

3 minutes ago, SoCalNiner said:

Kyle is gonna Mullens the heck out of whatever value Jimmy has left, and we’re going to have to Osweiler him with draft picks that we don’t have to get that contract off the books. 

I mean, we can cut Jimmy for minimal dead cap at any point. His contract is not an Osweiler albatross. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But we already know he does not look good when he is nicked up. If you re-watch the game at any point, look at how much more he tries to throw flat footed and use all upper body. He was lucky there wasn't another INT or two to be honest. I don't think he will be good if he gives it a go this week...Lance needs to start.

Oh, I definitely don't think he'd be good. But I'll say that I also think that Kyle has seen enough of Trey at this point that he really doesn't want to play him. I think he was amenable to Lance running away with the job in camp, but when he saw where Lance was, just really wanted to park him. Likewise, Jimmy feels the heat and the last thing he wants to do is give Trey the chance to take his job now. 

Just baseless speculation on my part, of course. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Forge said:

Oh, I definitely don't think he'd be good. But I'll say that I also think that Kyle has seen enough of Trey at this point that he really doesn't want to play him. I think he was amenable to Lance running away with the job in camp, but when he saw where Lance was, just really wanted to park him. Likewise, Jimmy feels the heat and the last thing he wants to do is give Trey the chance to take his job now. 

Just baseless speculation on my part, of course. 

I think he was open to Lance being the starter after the first week or so in camp since he improved so much from the spring but he quickly realized that he wasn't going to be ready to the extent he needed him to be ready. I still contend that Shanny can draw up a game plan to still have success with Lance and win a lot of ball games. But he's going to have to start being more accurate on the gimme throws. And of course he mentioned the KC situation with Mahomes and I'm sure he wanted to follow that to a certain extent. 

If Lance goes on Sunday, I don't think he will embarrass himself or anything. There's going to be rough moments with him like there has been with all the other rookies. Just have to live with it. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SoCalNiner said:

I stand corrected. For some reason I thought it was worse than what it is. 

There's a reason why Paraag never used Jimmy's contract to create cap space for the future. There's zero dead money in the books besides Jimmy's name. The plan was always to move on from him if he didn't pan out. When he did sign the biggest contract ever for a QB, it was never as big of a deal as it was made out to be.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

He should have pushed to play on sunday then. What if that was a playoff game? What if this was week 18 and we needed to win to make the playoffs? Every game means so much in this division. There is no room for this 

Everyone loves to mention Brady's name when they talk about JG - Brady played all of last season with a torn MCL. 

Kittle is playing with multiple injuries. Trainers couldnt tell him to take a seat, he wouldnt even let them look at him after that terrible hit he took. JG gets stepped on and doesnt push to play?? Ultimately it was his choice to not play the second half. 

14 minutes ago, N4L said:

He should have pushed to play on sunday then. What if that was a playoff game? What if this was week 18 and we needed to win to make the playoffs? Every game means so much in this division. There is no room for this 

Everyone loves to mention Brady's name when they talk about JG - Brady played all of last season with a torn MCL. 

Kittle is playing with multiple injuries. Trainers couldnt tell him to take a seat, he wouldnt even let them look at him after that terrible hit he took. JG gets stepped on and doesnt push to play?? Ultimately it was his choice to not play the second half. 

We don't know that he didn't push to play. All we know was that he was evaluated and they said that he couldn't go back out there. And I'm not sure that we would have wanted him back out there. If Jimmy can function at nearly 100% for next week, even if there is pain, I would expect him to push to play. If he's not close to being able to function at 100%, then he shouldn't be, regardless of whether or not he pushes to play. 

Kittle has missed time every year with injuries, so there definitely comes a point where he gets told to sit down and he does it.

It's also a little disingenuous to compare the two playing through injury because of the variance in their importance.  Kittle playing at 75% is far less of a hindrance on the team than Jimmy at 75%. I'm far more amenable to letting the former play at that level as opposed to the latter, and that should be the way the team feels about it as well. 

• Like 1

I know this tweet is critisizing ball placement, but its nitpicky. 

Trey threw the ball before Kittle was open, to a spot only Kittle could get it, right before he was going to get hit. 

That is NFL level quarterbacking. Adams made an NFL play on the ball. 

Trey is ready. IDC what JGs health is. Trey needs to start this week and we can reevaluate after the bye 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Saw the same in the GB game when Adams was in the slot.

Come on Ryans!

Why not just flip Moseley and Azeez? They are on the same side of the field. I assume it's because this is meant to be zone, but he's talking about bringing players all the way across the formation which seems silly to me.