Giants sign former Titans/Dolphins T Isaiah Wilson

ET80

I thought for sure the him dancing shirtless on a car would be in this thread.

Didn't he play RT to Andrew Thomas' LT at Georgia? Maybe they are close and could steer Wilson back to the kind of guy he was in his combine interviews who seemed like a motivated guy. I remember him being a good run blocker in college and thinking that would work great with Henry, maybe he rebounds and works out for Saquon.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

This probably would have made more sense going to a more veteran team with OT needs like Baltimore or the Bears, this really doesn't make sense.

It's probably one of the only teams willing to bring him in - he's got baggage.

• Like 1

Gettleman refuses to bring in any OL over 26 years old unless they are bad. Our entire OL is guys on their rookie deals and Nate Solder.

On the Giants OL front, Andrew Thomas is actually playing quite well and Billy Price has been pretty decent. Hernandez has been bad, and we are now on our 3rd LG (Ben Bredeson) who is awful. Nate Solder is fine, but loves getting beat badly at least once a game. If Gates didn't get hurt, we'd have an awesome left side with him at LG and Thomas at LT. So giving him the benefit of the doubt, it took Dave Gettleman 3 years to solidify 2/5 of the OL, something he said he was going to 'fix' immediately. Cool.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Trojan said:

Didn't he play RT to Andrew Thomas' LT at Georgia? Maybe they are close and could steer Wilson back to the kind of guy he was in his combine interviews who seemed like a motivated guy. I remember him being a good run blocker in college and thinking that would work great with Henry, maybe he rebounds and works out for Saquon.

I forgot that they had Thomas.

That actually does make them a better fit for him to potentially rehab his career than a lot of other places.

4 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Gettleman refuses to bring in any OL over 26 years old unless they are bad. Our entire OL is guys on their rookie deals and Nate Solder.

On the Giants OL front, Andrew Thomas is actually playing quite well and Billy Price has been pretty decent. Hernandez has been bad, and we are now on our 3rd LG (Ben Bredeson) who is awful. Nate Solder is fine, but loves getting beat badly at least once a game. If Gates didn't get hurt, we'd have an awesome left side with him at LG and Thomas at LT. So giving him the benefit of the doubt, it took Dave Gettleman 3 years to solidify 2/5 of the OL, something he said he was going to 'fix' immediately. Cool.

His OL decisions have always been horrible.  He gave Matt Kalil an awful contract and allowed this team to start the likes of Nate Chandler, Mike Remmers, and Byron Bell.

I can't believe I ever defended him. 

On 9/30/2021 at 2:35 PM, iknowcool said:

His OL decisions have always been horrible.  He gave Matt Kalil an awful contract and allowed this team to start the likes of Nate Chandler, Mike Remmers, and Byron Bell.

I can't believe I ever defended him. 

Kalil and Remmers would be an upgrade at this point.

• 3 months later...