SNF: Goat Bowl, Brady v Belichick, Most overhyped Week 4 game - ever?

Matts4313

tampa-bay-buccaneers-vs-new-england-patr

For a game of this magnitude, lets rely on the paid trolls instead of us rookies:

For that, we turn to Colin Cowherd.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ New England Patriots (8:20 p.m. ET Sunday, NBC)

Point spread: Buccaneers -6.5 (Buccaneers favored to win by more than 6.5 points, otherwise Patriots cover)
Moneyline: Buccaneers -275 favorites to win (bet $10 to win $13.64 total); Patriots +225 underdogs to win (bet $10 to win $32.50 total)
Total scoring over/under: 48.5 points scored by both teams combined

Pick via FOX Sports' Colin Cowherd: "Tom Brady is coming off a loss, and that Tampa defense got burnt. 

"So that defense is going to be tight this week. There's going to be yelling and screaming from Todd Bowles. And you can't run the ball on Tampa with Vita Vea in the middle. So you are going to ask Mac Jones to throw it at least 38 to 42 times. 

I do not like the spot at all for the Patriots. We have to come to terms with this. Bill Belichick at home against even average teams can't win games. Why? He doesn't have the QB play.

"This line is a ‘respect to Bill Belichick’ line. It feels like an 8- to 9-point line to me in reality. New England can only win one way – that is low scoring, 20-17. But you are not going to hold this Bucs offense to 17 points, and the Patriots are not built to exploit the injuries the Bucs have. They have no over-the-top component. 

"This feels like a blowout to me. Let's not overthink the room here."

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/nfl-odds-tampa-bay-buccaneers-new-england-patriots

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

You cant believe this to be a true statement. This will be (nearly?) the most watched regular season game of the entire year. To downplay the hype is silly. 

I mean, i'll watch it purely because it's Sunday night football and i'll have the time. If this was up against Panthers/Cowboys or Cards/Rams, i'd much rather watch those instead.  Hell, i'm more interested in Ravens/Broncos and Steelers/Packers than Bucs/Pats.  This game doesn't even crack my top 6 for the week as I'm more interested in Raiders/Chargers as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I mean, i'll watch it purely because it's Sunday night football and i'll have the time. If this was up against Panthers/Cowboys or Cards/Rams, i'd much rather watch those instead.  Hell, i'm more interested in Ravens/Broncos and Steelers/Packers than Bucs/Pats.  This game doesn't even crack my top 6 for the week as I'm more interested in Raiders/Chargers as well.

So what you are telling me is that you are an oddball who just wanted to point out that you have peculiar taste contrary to popular opinion. 

Thats cool tho - I like being a contrarian as well. But I am not blind and I know this is game is super interesting to *most* football fans. 

Edited by Matts4313

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

So what you are telling me is that you are an oddball who just wanted to point out that you have peculiar taste contrary to popular opinion. 

Thats cool tho - I like being a contrarian as well. But I am not blind and I know this is game is super interesting to *most* football fans. 

No, just that I don't think it will be a very good football game and as i'm not a fan of either particular team, it doesn't hold that much interest for me.  I'd much rather watch a good football game than a Tom Brady victory lap.  Brady's the goat, no argument from me, but i'm not that invested in seeing him pass a yards benchmark or stick it to Belichek.