Upcoming Trades

TakeTheBallDeep

4 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Really, it comes down to how healthy Taysom Hill is (unknown), and how much irrational love Payton has for him as a QB (a bigger danger IMO - Payton's love for Hill as. a gadget QB cost him dearly 2 years ago in the playoffs vs.  GB and IMO will kill them vs. good D's, but it doesn't seem like he's learned his lesson - the concussion may in fact be saving Payton from himself here).

Not quite sure what you're referring to here, Saints haven't played GB in the playoffs in a looong time (or ever, maybe). I do however remember Hill being the entire offense in the home loss to the Vikings a couple years ago

2 minutes ago, Fray32 said:

Not quite sure what you're referring to here, Saints haven't played GB in the playoffs in a looong time (or ever, maybe). I do however remember Hill being the entire offense in the home loss to the Vikings a couple years ago

The Green Bay 2020 game cost then home field advantage - going gadget play with Hill’s fumble was the key moment.   Forgot it wasn’t the playoffs.    

That and key moments in the SF game where going Taysom over Brees stalled drives.   Taysom as the QB vs. bad D’s - success.  Good D’s, high leverage situations - it’s cost Payton.     Payton’s love of Taysom as QB has been an Achilles in an otherwise stellar coaching history in NO.   But yes, it wasn’t a playoff game with GB.   

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

The Green Bay 2020 game cost then home field advantage - going gadget play with Hill’s fumble was the key moment.   Forgot it wasn’t the playoffs.    

That and key moments in the SF game where going Taysom over Brees stalled drives.   Taysom as the QB vs. bad D’s - success.  Good D’s, high leverage situations - it’s cost Payton.     Payton’s love of Taysom as QB has been an Achilles in an otherwise stellar coaching history in NO.   But yes, it wasn’t a playoff game with GB.   

Oh yeah sure. I remember that now. A Week 3 game they were only really competitive in the first place because the entire Packers defense forgot how to tackle on a routine Kamara screen. As I remember the Packers were in control of that one pretty much throughout and the Saints were lucky to find themselves with an opportunity to take the lead in the 4th quarter.

Taysom Hill does have fumbling issues that he needs to correct. He's also not a long term option at Qb. He also (I believe) gives the offense the best chance to score on any given drive. Certainly more than Teddy Bridgewater anyway. But I do agree at least that if they were going to trade for anyone Bridgewater would make the most sense, lateral (at best) move as it would've been.

38 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

His interception this year on a terrible deep ball played a significant role in costing us a win against the Giants. Taysom as a QB will likely cost us several chances to win this year if he is the guy.

Would much prefer Bridgewater who would be a substantial upgrade and give us a chance to win more frequently than Taysom Hill. 

Edited by tyler735

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

His interception this year on a terrible deep ball played a significant role in costing us a win against the Giants. Taysom as a QB will likely cost us several chances to win this year if he is the guy.

You don't need to convince me, I was there a long time ago (the SF game sealed it for me).  Sean Payton, on the other hand....

Edited by Broncofan