Upcoming Trades

TakeTheBallDeep

On 10/18/2021 at 11:10 PM, N4L said:

My bet if Von is a FA that he would be a ram. He spends his offseasons in San Francisco and I think he would love to live out west. Not sure if the niners have the money to pay him and bosa in the same off-season. Donald and von on the same DL sounds exactly like the type of move Les Sneed would make. They can't trade for him though without giving up players considering what they gave up in the Stafford and Ramsey deals 

SMFH

• Like 3

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He's 6'4" 210 and has been one of the best deep threat WR's in the league throughout his career? He has averaged over 15 ypc every season.

Easy to keep a ridiculously high average when you rarely actually play lol.

Detroit would be dumb to let him go. He's one of the few guys on that offense worth being kept around with the rebuild.

I don't know if the $ would work given Fletcher Cox has a massive dead cap hit, but if it did, I could easily see Philly trading him to a team like the Chargers.   LAC has a massive need for a run stuffing DT who can also push inside on passing downs.  Cox isn't at his peak disruptor self, but he can easily do that.   Given he's still under contract for 2022, Philly can't cut him to save money, and they won't get a comp pick if they just cut him in the offseason. 

If the Chargers were willing to give up a 3rd rd pick for him, I think the deal would get done in a heartbeat.   Maybe LAC doesn't do it, but it seems like such a match to fill the one glaring hole they have on D.   And with all the restructures, there's no cap hit for LAC this year at all - he's min-wage for ROS, it's all signing bonus / restructure bonus $ that Philly is on the hook for.  A 3rd will be way better than any return Philly gets in 2 years if they somehow let the string play out and Cox walks after 2022...and the pick isn't until 2024.   

Seems like an obvious fit IMO.  Guess we'll find out later today if GM Telesco agrees.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

On 11/1/2021 at 10:34 AM, candyman93 said:

I think Cleveland is done this year, guys I could see being traded:

OBJ

Jarvis Landry

Jadeveon Clowney (I’d be upset, but he might want to play for a contender)

Only guys off limits (not including rookies):

Baker

Nick Chubb 

Kareem Hunt

Offensive line

Myles Garrett

Denzel Ward (his injuries make this debatable)

Man...Landry would be a dream in a Saints uni. Heck...Cooks, Landry, Crowder...tons of guys out there that would step in and produce from day 1.

14 hours ago, tyler735 said:

I'm just hoping to see Bridgewater to the Saints for a 4th round pick.

13 hours ago, Forge said:

Makes too much sense not to happen

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

I could definitely live with that. 

I think Bridgewater is a far more likely fit than Watson - while NO can push more cap space to 2023, it's getting crazy hard with Watson's 5M+ left this year, and 35M next year.  And that's before all the off-field issues not being cleared yet.

DEN fans would do cartwheels if we got a 4th, TBH.  The issue is whether or not the FO is willing to go that far in blowing it all up.  I certainly would be - Bridgewater, Gordon III, Fuller & Kareem Jackson should all be available IMO (the last 2 whose play is declining, and why there may not be a fit, sad to say).    Andy Dalton is another possibility, but he'd have to pick up the scheme (but if there's a guy who can do it quickly, it's him).   

Really, it comes down to how healthy Taysom Hill is (unknown), and how much irrational love Payton has for him as a QB (a bigger danger IMO - Payton's love for Hill as. a gadget QB cost him dearly 2 years ago in the playoffs vs.  GB and IMO will kill them vs. good D's, but it doesn't seem like he's learned his lesson - the concussion may in fact be saving Payton from himself here).

Edited by Broncofan

15 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Man...Landry would be a dream in a Saints uni. Heck...Cooks, Landry, Crowder...tons of guys out there that would step in and produce from day 1.

Zero chance CLE trades Landry, loss to PIT notwithstanding, they're very much in the WC race.   Cooks for some reason is a "foundation piece" that HOU won't trade (LOL HOU FO).   

Crowder on the other hand...there's definitely smoke.  Elijah Moore is a true slot machine.   Crowder is a UFA at year's end.   Such a good fit.  NYJ would have to convert his salary to signing bonus like DEN did with Von Miller, but that wouldn't be a problem.  Just a matter of whether NO is willing to pay the piper there - when they might be going for QB (obv both would be better for them).

Before ppl ask about how NO can make salaries work - they can push some of Marcus Williams' 10M salary into 2022.  2022 gets really ugly (it's already awful), but it's do-able. 

Edited by Broncofan