Packers finalizing details for LB Jaylon Smith signing

RaidersAreOne

48 minutes ago, ACO said:

Full disclosure, I've been a fan of this kid since he was at Notre Dame. Felt so bad for him when he tore his knee up in the bowl game. I just don't know how you can listen to that interview and not want this kid to be successful, not just here but in life. 

Plus, we finally have a single digit guy playing defense. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Full disclosure, I've been a fan of this kid since he was at Notre Dame. Felt so bad for him when he tore his knee up in the bowl game. I just don't know how you can listen to that interview and not want this kid to be successful, not just here but in life. 

Dislike the single digit, loved his interview. He seems like a positive but intense guy, which was basically Rodgers’ take on him when describing Jaylon as a competitor. I really hope he finds his niche here because he’s played at an elite level in every stage of his football life. How amazing would it be to see him recapture that with this defense?  I’m hoping for greatness. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, cannondale said:

I wondered if it was more about Z.Smith than Barnes. Factor in Rivers going down and maybe it has to be if it isn't. Maybe some sort of amoeba schemes are coming

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It's mostly about Oren Burks

It's about an unexpected gift/opportunity to upgrade your team for dirt cheap. If he can rush the passer that is a big bonus. Just happens to be a position(s) of need. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, incognito_man said:

This. It's not really about the roster construction at all.

Exactly. LIS previously: this is a great short-term investment/risk. We're going to be forced to address the EDGE in the next draft with contract situations and now Z's long-term health at serious risk. Gary is panning out fortunately so we need that second guy not named Preston Smith(because we don't know what his contract situation looks like) to emerge immediately next season. Unless Rodgers gets dealt to a team with a relatively high first round pick, we're most likely going to have to trade up to find that guy in this particular draft. If Jaylon can be productive AND be back on a reasonable contract next year as a bit of a bonus pass rusher, that becomes an immense help both now and down the road.

15 hours ago, Norm said:

Breaking News. Jaylon demands to be traded after watching today's game

It is perfectly OK to win a few games ugly in the NFL. Crosby will never have another game like this one. Bad teams lose games like this, see Lions, Detroit. 

We are going to start getting guys back over the next few weeks too: Jenkins, Myers, MVS. Bak is probably three weeks away from coming back. I can't imagine what this offense is going to look like with those four guys back and playing. 

On 10/8/2021 at 6:03 PM, Old Guy said:

I remember hoping we would take him in that draft.

Jaylon debuted for us today. Did not show much to my eyes outside of decent motor. Never got through  in pass rush and was seen doing what some DAL fans were critical of him doing, jumping into a pile long after tackle was made.

He’s got time to show up and learn his spot on defense.  I hope he picks it up and we can turn him loose in the second half. I believe he could turn it on once he understands the D and his role in it. 

2 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Jaylon debuted for us today. Did not show much to my eyes outside of decent motor. Never got through  in pass rush and was seen doing what some DAL fans were critical of him doing, jumping into a pile long after tackle was made.

He’s got time to show up and learn his spot on defense.  I hope he picks it up and we can turn him loose in the second half. I believe he could turn it on once he understands the D and his role in it. 

He hurt his oblique and did not finish the game from what I read. 

2 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I saw him get fakes out of his shoes along the sidelines.  Other than that I didn't notice him.  Hopefully better days lay ahead. 

• Like 1