Jon Gruden Plans to Resign

NYRaider

21 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Yup, Gruden could’ve been an all time great HC but he let his ego get in his way. 
he wanted everything done his way, but had the ability to bring some of the best coaches in under him. 

I know a lot is left to be seen in Mayock still, but I loved him before the raiders and believe Gruden told him who too take in first rounds. 

his play calling was just so outdated, for a guy who still could come up with great plays. 

I actually agree with all of this except for the last line

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I actually agree with all of this except for the last line

Haha I meant play designs if that changes anything. I’ve seen us do some good things, but he calls that play design like twice a year. 
but yea, I had no problem with him leaving. Do feel bad for him personally, hate what he said, but think a lot of people involved in the nfl would’ve been sewered in a similar situation

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Supposedly now people are saying Dan Snyder leaked the emails to draw attention away from himself and blame all the wft issues on Bruce Allen and gruden just became collateral damage. I kinda believe that. No way the owners vote their buddy Snyder out

Makes a ton of sense, then the whole Sean Taylor deal out of nowhere. Snyder is a scumbag. 

12 hours ago, Geezy said:

Makes a ton of sense, then the whole Sean Taylor deal out of nowhere. Snyder is a scumbag. 

Exactly 

I’ll also add I bet Snyder leaked the emails showing the rest of the owners what he’s capable of if they try to vote him out. I bet there’s crazy emails from all the owners he can expose 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

This is surprising to see.  I wonder how it will shake out when the players don't have someone harping on them after a while.  I mean less stress is good but low stress can cause players to become complacent and get lazy.  Hopefully that doesn't happen and we still have coaches pushing the players.

8 hours ago, Jerry said:

This is surprising to see.  I wonder how it will shake out when the players don't have someone harping on them after a while.  I mean less stress is good but low stress can cause players to become complacent and get lazy.  Hopefully that doesn't happen and we still have coaches pushing the players.

You can lead and coach without cussing at players, officials, etc. Cussing out a player isn't pushing them. 

• Like 2

“Maggie Burbank, who produced the story that we just did on Mark Davis, she actually called Gruden and he picked up the phone, much to I think her surprise,” Kremer said. “And he’s still in Las Vegas. . . . He says he’s letting the dust settle. He said, ‘People who know me know what I stand for for 58 years. I have a resume of 58 years.’ He said, ‘The truth will come out.’ It’s certainly cryptic.” - HBO

🤔

gruden about to expose people?

10 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

“Maggie Burbank, who produced the story that we just did on Mark Davis, she actually called Gruden and he picked up the phone, much to I think her surprise,” Kremer said. “And he’s still in Las Vegas. . . . He says he’s letting the dust settle. He said, ‘People who know me know what I stand for for 58 years. I have a resume of 58 years.’ He said, ‘The truth will come out.’ It’s certainly cryptic.” - HBO

🤔

gruden about to expose people?

I was about to post this lol

21 hours ago, Jerry said:

Low stress=complacency and laziness is a way of thinking that needs to go away in society.

• Like 4