Jon Gruden resigns

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Why did the NFL release the emails about Jon Gruden at all if they were planning to not release the rest?

Something seems awfully fishy, here.

Yeah. And he resigned which I read voids his contract. Seems like the league helped Davis out of that moronic contract. Probably a resign or we’ll release the really bad stuff.

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

I don't think Kobe got away with anything.

Read his after the fact statement that is just full of empathy for the accuser. You don't see that very often in these cases.

It does not mean he was not a 'bad guy' or wrong but he took his embarrassment/punishment/settlement and moved on with that always being a part of his reputation etc. 

He owned up to this both in his statement and in the settlement.

His wife eventually forgave him as part of this. He did not convince her nothing happened.

There were still people protesting and complaining about his Oscar 14 years later.

Living his life as a better person who was free from scandal from that point on is a big reason Kobe was widely embraced.

We'll never know what happened in Colorado regardless of his statement and his entourage of lawyers that...did a pretty good flex on the accuser's anonymity/reputation. Just sayin.

That happens now instead of 2003 he gets buried by the cancel culture masses. 

Ok I'll drop it because it's getting away from football, and I know the hammer will come down. Feel free to respond, but this is as far as I'll go. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Why did the NFL release the emails about Jon Gruden at all if they were planning to not release the rest?

Something seems awfully fishy, here.

Simple answer is simply covering fire and distraction. As someone else said, the difference between the guys getting the cheques and signing the cheques.

A potentially even more cynical question to ask: Would Demaurice Smith still be the head of the NFLPA if he hadn't been subject to a racism scandal while his contract was under review? From what I was hearing the talk was he was gone, but now a guy who has made some bad deals on the players' behalf gets to keep his job.