Jon Gruden resigns

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

Everyone hates performative activism.

Nobody wants to do anything to change the system that makes performative activism possible. 

There’s nothing you can do to change anything. If COVID taught me anything it’s that we’re basically screwed. Like looking forward to the generation after mine… I’m a millenial… I think half of them are pretty much just screwed. Most of these kids graduating with college degrees are working food service making barely above minimum wage. That’s literally the most popular job for a college graduate now… food service. And with how much stuff costs now and just knowing that kids just out of high school now are making the same exact amount of money I made out of high school over 10 years ago I don’t know how you even get a start in this economy with how much more gas and housing costs now. It’s just the reality of what it is. Half of the jobs in this country are extremely low wage. Half of the workers can’t even afford to go to the doctor and a lot of their jobs don’t even give them sick time or vacation time or any benefits. That’s why COVID hit USA so hard IMO.

but yeah not to derail the thread to bring the point back around I think it’s just making everyone more selfish and seeking to tear down others over stupid crap because there’s no sense of community or truthfulness anywhere anymore. Kids don’t even play in suburbs anymore there’s so much fear being put out there on social media. We’re about to enter 3 years of COVID for these people’s childhoods. It’s just insane to me 

Edited by Kirill
  • Like 2

Not saying anything to defend Gruden. I think you have to fire him if he’s got a ton of emails saying immature crap. You can’t lead grown men and hold them accountable if you got a bunch of emails that read like a 12 year old on Xbox live and it goes public in a big way 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

This is a man who has already had to be bailed out multiple times by his father after losing all his money in crypto/NFT scams

Is this really the thread to be mocking and denigrating someone based upon their name/appearance?  🙄

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

So there's talk about who the Raiders will hire as HC, but not much about who we should target for GM (If/when Mayock is canned). Who are some up and coming / likely candidates considered for a GM role?

I don't think it's relevant to the Jon Gruden resigning thread though. Like why would Mayock be canned for this? Mayock may even have been good at drafting and Gruden just for the most part ignored him. Mayock very easily could survive this and knock the upcoming draft out of the park and get an extension and input on the coaching hire.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

So there's talk about who the Raiders will hire as HC, but not much about who we should target for GM (If/when Mayock is canned). Who are some up and coming / likely candidates considered for a GM role?

This has got to a potential landing spot for Omar Khan. He should have been the choice in Houston, so Las Vegas would be incredibly lucky to land him.

Another two names to keep eyes out for - Buffalo's Malik Boyd. Boyd was a heavy favorite to land the Texans job early on, and has a really good eye on the analytics for the role. (I'd also list Brian Gaine here, but the former Texans GM has some pretty bad allegations that wouldn't line up well here).

I'd also look into a few names with KC (Mike Borgonzi) and Indy (Ed Dodds). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

FYI - first name on this list is Nick Caserio. Not that I would mind Jack Easterby's puppet to leave, but it's an older list.

Yeah I'm assuming the new list won't come out until the end of the season because candidates typically don't leave or gain traction for other jobs until the current year is over. But hopefully we hire someone from the Bills or Rams.